Notices

Bueller, Bueller...any one?

Old 02-06-2009, 09:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bueller, Bueller...any one?

Anyone here this late.

So for my first night I have been completely alone in 6 yrs, I thought I was going to be just fine, but now, Im bord & can't sleep! As much as I know a glass of wine would help....Should really just figure something else out!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hey GF... You're not alone! Just an FYI... I think I made as a** out of myself on my thread to C23 by laughing so much on what he posted! Oh crap!

So you.... Alone is not all that comfy, huh? What about a book? What about those pictures that aren't in photo albums? What about looking through a cookbook to see what ya want to cook new for your family? Hmmm.... just some ideas. Any sound good?

Old 02-06-2009, 10:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Hey, I here this late, my wife is asleep so it's kinda like I'm alone. Do not have any wine, if there is any in the house get rid of it right now!
I can't sleep either I went to a meeting and drank 4 cups of coffee,yikes.

After the meeting I went to a Japanese restaurant and the first thing the waitress said is,"would you like some hot sake?" I said no, but my brain is hardwired to say gimmie gimmie gimmie, and it said that. I am still sober and going on 8 days. If you are having trouble sleeping try some tea or an otc sleeping aid.
but no no no no wine.....
:ghug3
Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Smile

Originally Posted by HardwiredFlaws View Post
After the meeting I went to a Japanese restaurant and the first thing the waitress said is,"would you like some hot sake?" I said no, but my brain is hardwired to say gimmie gimmie gimmie, and it said that. I am still sober and going on 8 days. If you are having trouble sleeping try some tea or an otc sleeping aid.
but no no no no wine.....
:ghug3
Good for you Hardwired! You got through it! 8 days is huge when you haven't had it for sooooo long!

ToABetter... Please Please Please don't drink! Talk to all of us instead cuz you'll be glad you did, especially in the morning!

Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Count me in with the rest of the sleepless masses.

Games. Cards. A movie. A book. Crossword puzzles. Post and read here. Browse the funny pictures at LOLDogs. LOTS of stuff to do when you can't sleep!

But cross wine off your to-do list. K?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I'm awake...No sign of sleep soon...

If I really want to sleep, I get a book and read lying down.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Where are you ToABetterMe???? Waiting for contact! Sounds like we're in a space bubble or something?!... weird!

I think I'm losing it! Must be all the sugar and coffee tonight... or maybe it's just me - sober! OMGosh... don't know how I'm gonna like the new Nicki!

Where are you GF? Get ME out of my head!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Originally Posted by nickishine View Post
Hey GF... You're not alone! Just an FYI... I think I made as a** out of myself on my thread to C23 by laughing so much on what he posted! Oh crap!
I don't think so, we all need a little comic relief around here from time to time.
I am sure he/she will understand. I mean come on, I'm sure a lot worse humiliating things have happened from being drunk!!! I thought it funny, a Lil OTT but not enough to be an a$#. Anyways we all love each and every one of here, we are in something together and in comon bonds we can laugh a little at each otherlmao
Old 02-06-2009, 10:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Thanks HardWired... I still don't know why it was so funny to me, seriously now!

Okay TABM... Gotta crash but will be checking on you tomorrow, K? Check back here too to let us know what's up! Take care... lots of love here, for sure!

Old 02-06-2009, 11:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

TABM...I don't know if you are still online or not...but hang in there.

When I really need a mood booster...sometimes I find silly videos to watch on the net. Anything goofy (and sometimes childish)...it takes my mind off of things.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

I can never fall asleep when I start my sobriety. Thats why I'm here late as well.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Man, I wish I could stay AWAKE! For some reason, I cannot even make it past 11.......and then I don't want to get up.....is that normal or just weird?
Old 02-07-2009, 08:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I WISH I could fall asleep by 11. I'm usually up until somewhere between 1 a.m. - 3 a.m. On school days that really stinks because I have to get up at 5:45 with my teenager.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I've been trying really hard to maintain some sort of schedule before bed. Trying to mentally train myself that it's ok to sleep--if that makes any sense.
I usually take the dog out, brew some tea, check in here, get in pajamas and grab my book.
It isn't fool-proof but it is definitely helping. Kind of like "stretching" before bed.