Notices

3 Weeks sober

Old 02-06-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 Weeks sober

Hello all!

This is my third week sober! The weekends are the hardest time for me as I am out of my routine durring the week. I am trying to find something to occupy my weekends or I am going to crack. Anyone have any suggestions? I have been using the internet as my crutch, but not sure how long this will last. I am fearful that i will become addicted to sleeping pills and dont want to trade one addiction for the next. I currently pop a pill when i feel im going to have a tough time. My fear is that i am only 3 weeks in and have a life time to go. I am really trying stick with quitting. I have made promises to very important people in my life. I want to make this my year for success!! I hope to find the strength through you all by sharing my experiences and reading yours!

2k9 is 2kmine!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Hi Rebirth
Welcome to SR
congratulations on three weeks!
there is a lot of good information and support here so have a look around
Old 02-06-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome Rebirth. I am around 3 weeks also and have been leaning on the good folks at SR here for my recovery so far but I know I am going to have to rejoin the real world. Everyone is contributing to a list of things to do and it is a sticky at the top of this section. You may want to read it and see if it gives you some ideas.
I have also made promises to people in my life and want this to be the time too.
I hope this forum can help you as much as it has helped me keep on the straight road.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Congrats!!! Three weeks is awesome
Old 02-06-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you are making progress...
Welcome to our recovery community

I find my AA committment immensley rewarding.
I'll be at a noon meeting tomorrow
for support and understanding.

I found simply not drinking was not enough
for me to experience the joy of recovery.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are very strong!
Stay focused! Congrats!

Old 02-06-2009, 09:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hey Rebirth.... Glad you are here!

I feel ya with "what to do with all this time on my hands and not drink"??? We just don't know automatically do we?! Before getting sober, it was never a question or a thought -- We'd just drink or drug and do what comes with it!

For me personally, I've been going to AA, seeing normie and sober friends again, watching a little tube, exercising and getting out with my pooch, taking a drive and just keeping it pretty simple! Trying to get into the things I once liked to do.... I'm still figuring all that out cuz it's been awhile! I'm an outdoorsy kind of gal but it's winter and really winter here in Tahoe so I'm a little limited unless I hit the slopes with my board... not gonna do that until next month when I'm alot physically stronger.

We all gotta find what works for us... It's naturally going to feel weird and a little funky trying to do life now that we're sober. That means we got to make decisions of simply what we want to do--- oh, geez!!! I think I'll stick to one decision at a time: Don't drink, Nicki, no matter what!

I don't know if any of this helped or made any sense but if it did, right on!

:ghug:wtf2ghug3:ghug2
Old 02-06-2009, 09:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

P.S. CONGRATS ON 3 WEEKS SOBER! I think I'm right there next to you with 22 days... woohoo! Be good to YOU! xoxo