Notices

Day 60 for Rouxballs but feeling down.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
What comes around, Goes around

Day 60 for Rouxballs but feeling down.

60 days and no drink but I feel like its no big deal.
It seems like every where I look there is a negative these days.
Bunch of downers going on.
The main thing is our messed up economy.
Pick up a newspaper and try to find something good in it.
You cant.
I think I need to go up north soon and get away from everything.
I know drinking will not be the answer to anything so I will not do that for sure.
I must(we all must) hold our heads up and keep moving forward.
Dont let the Bastards bring you down!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe Roux you're just tired. That's how I feel when I'm tired. You know like there's nothing to feel good about. You do have 2 months without that fermented toiler water running through your blood stream though, and that is very, very good. I've got just two weeks but it's people with more time like you who inspire me to continue on. So I want to thank you for being an inspiration to me. That's gotta be something to feel good about, doesn't it?
Old 01-30-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

60 days of victory over alcohol....

Chasing the blues away,,,my tips...

Take a long walk
Dance around the room
Listen to happy music
Watch a silly movie
Take a bubble bath
Cry
Pray for peace of mind
Old 01-30-2009, 07:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Yea..The economy is hitting everyone it seems. I know it is me.
At least you sober. And alive and all that jazz.

Great job on 60.
Kee it up.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

2 months! That is great! Good for you. But I can understand being depressed about alot of what is going on around us & to us. It used to be a trigger for me all the time. I used it as my #1 excuse!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober time. You live in Michigan right? Could you be experiencing that S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder). I use to get it about this time every year while living in Illinois. I actually bought one of those desk lamps with the full spectrum bulbs in it and would use it every day. Helped my moods a lot and getting outside during the day also. Its just a thought and also, of course, finding things to be grateful. Its hard when you're down, but they're there.

Grateful for -

1. Sobriety
2. Being alive
3. Housing
4. and so on and so forth
Old 01-30-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

First of all, congratulations on 2 months!

Now that we aren't medicating our feelings and drowning our sorrows, sometimes it can seem like there are a lot more depressing things going on than there used to be. But in reality, what's changed is us. And my friend, you have made a wonderful, life savings change in your life.

When I get down, I do a gratitude list. You can do this on paper or in your head. List all of the things that you are grateful for today.

And from what you're feeling about being overwhelmed by the economy and other things going on in the world, this is where the Serenity Prayer comes in. There is only so much we can change. Once we get into our Recovery, we tend to feel a lot more compassion for others. Perhaps you could find someone who has been having a particuarly hard go of it lately, do something nice for them. Helping others always brings me out of myself. Have an elderly neighbor? Shovel a driveway for them, (if that applies to where you live)

You can't take on the weight of the world. . . I know, I tried.

Congratulations Again,
Judy
Old 01-30-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
What comes around, Goes around

[QUOTE=Horselover;2086668]Congratulations on your sober time. You live in Michigan right? Could you be experiencing that S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder).

LOL, Thats could be part of it---it is a frozen Tundra outside and not much to do. I like being outside and with this cold and snow forget it.
Thanks for all the good words everyone.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on 60 days!! I was thinking the S.A.D. thing to, doesnt help to be freezing all the time too. Hang in there.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rouxballs View Post
60 days and no drink but I feel like its no big deal.
It seems like every where I look there is a negative these days.
Bunch of downers going on.
The main thing is our messed up economy.
Pick up a newspaper and try to find something good in it.
You cant.
I think I need to go up north soon and get away from everything.
I know drinking will not be the answer to anything so I will not do that for sure.
I must(we all must) hold our heads up and keep moving forward.
Dont let the Bastards bring you down!
I hear you on this and I could not agree more. Things do look bleak and one would have to have one's head in the sand to not appreciate what we're in.

Having said this, a drink sure won't fix the economy. In fact, I was reading earlier that liquor sales have slowed, which is usually the opposite in a recession (or dare I even say the "D" word?)

Keep on the straight and narrow (me too) and we'll weather the storm a lot better Congrats on 60 days!!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 05:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your 60 days! You could be having symptoms of PAWS. (post acute withdrawal syndrome) In early recovery it's normal for your feelings to be all over the place. It will pass. Hang in there!:ghug3
Old 01-31-2009, 12:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 60 days!!!

I can imagine being in the frozen tundra might be a little depressing. It's a bit chilly, here in Atlanta, but we don't have snow...wish I could send you some of our weather!

I think we all go through a bit of depression when we get clean/sober. For me, it was having to face all my consequences without having anything to numb me...especially the financial ones!

The gratitude lists helped me a lot. Some days I didn't WANT to be grateful, but I forced myself

As SQ said, doing something for someone else, also helps a lot. It doesn't even have to be a big thing, but it sure gets us out of our head.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-31-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Resident

Hang in RB. If we all let the economy get to us we would all be drinking today. It is something we have no control over so we have to try not to dwell on it.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats Roux!
Old 01-31-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Don't let the economy get you too down-- it's been weighing on everyone's mind (nearly the world over, no less), but remember that we're all in it together.

We're also, on these boards, on the journey of recovery together. And sixty days is too a big deal-- after just relapsing, I WISH I had 60 days again. It's not an easy accomplishment, and you should stand proud.

I know it seems like negativity is everyplace, but remember what a positive thing it is to wake up sober in the mornings. That's the deal-- one day at a time, one foot in front of the other, each thing as it comes, and remembering what we can control and letting go of what we can't.

All the best, and again CONGRATUFREAKINGLATIONS!

B'sT