Notices

My Best Friend Called Drunk Last Night....

Old 01-30-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Cool My Best Friend Called Drunk Last Night....

I was finally on the receiving end and it wasn't pretty. My friend calls last night and it was obvious in the first sentence she had been drinking. She rattled on for about 27 minutes about 3 different subject matters......I was less than willing to talk and cut her off when she started with "I want to leave my husband", it just didn't make sense to just sit there and say "uh huh"......not sure she would remember anything today anyway. It made me wonder if my drunk dialing ever fooled anyone at all.......maybe one person, me.

One more tool in my "I don't want to drink" toolbox.

Have a good day guys. Thanks for listening.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

If, she's a good friend, you might call her today when, she's sober and have a heart to heart with her.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Funny to be on that side of it, isn't it!
My sister does that too me alot & I can hear the same story 3 times in a 30 min conversation. Best part is the net day she will tell me the exact same thing! UGH!

I used to drunk dial people all the time with my friends, now I can see why my one cousin used to just quit answering after the 1st call we would make to her. We sounded so obnoxious!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is interesting to see things from the other side, isn't it.

I had my eyes opened when I moved into my new place last February. We picked up the keys from our lawyer and arrived at the door. The seller, was drunk at 11 am in the morning. Moving is always stressful and this sure didn't help. She should not have even been there at that point, but there she was with a huge mess of boxes and junk and no clue as to what to do.

Hopefully your experience will rub off on your friend and she will see her life for what it is.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

This post brings back those old drunk calling memories. I am actually somewhat of a loner so the only time I would ever call anybody is when I was drunk. The majority of people I know have rarely seen me sober. This is really sad but I won't let it get me down because the past is the past.

I have been on the receiving end of the drunk call and that usually sucks too. I wish I would have thought of those before I called someone.

Although thinking back the calls I made when I was drunk and the recipient was also drunk were always fun and pleasant. I will miss those but not enough to do anything stupid.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ugh - I have drunk dialed soooo many times... my poor family and friends! And that feeling when you talk to them again and realize you have no recollection of the last conversation. Not fun.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Drunk dialing is the worst. I tried to make plane reservations once after too many wine coolers. I couldn't understand my own writing so I called them back 3 times. The third time the airline agent (probably the same one) asked me if I was o.k. How embarrassing. I refrained from picking up the phone even after 1 glass of wine, ugh!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
It made me wonder if my drunk dialing ever fooled anyone at all.......maybe one person, me.
No kidding, huh? Puts it in a whole new perspective when we see it from the other side (and man, does it suck!). The good news? You never have to be the one drunk dialing again.