Notices

Panic attacks and hot flashes.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Panic attacks and hot flashes.

Hey everyone! It's good to be a part of this forum. I am coming on here to get advice on how to deal with my anxeity and my panic attacks. I've reallybeen struggling lately. My chest hurts and so does my liver. My phsyciatrist had me on Kolonopin and Ativan for four months and I went to rehab to get off of it. I almost had heart failure and my liver is shot.

I'm going to the doctor tommorrow to get some blood drawn, and I am fearing that they're going to have to give me a liver transplant. I am really scared. I'll make sure to let you guys know what's going on and what kind of phsyical shape I am in. Thanks guys.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, Randy;

And welcome to the AD forums of SR!
I do hope everything works out at your physical. Please do let us know.

There's a really good sticky at the top of this forum on how to stop worrying. I do hope you'll take the time to look through it, try some of the suggestions and post back on your experiences. I've used many of the techniques and found them helpful.

Another thing is to set up your living environment in as peaceful manner as possible. You might want to look into feng shui. Here's a very simple explaination to get you started:
Understanding the Principles of Feng Shui - For Dummies
I have a small 5 gallon fish tank; very easy to care for, yet very pretty and peacefull to watch. Studies show that they help lower blood pressure. I also use a table top waterfall. The sounds of water trickling down is very soothing. Candles that are sented can help ease our anxiety. Flowers and other beautiful or objects that hold precious memories placed in strategic viewpoints can help too.

I hope some of this is helpful. Again, please let us know if any of the above topics in the sticky help. We can discuss anything. I look forward to it.

Shalom!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Thanks, Shalom. I have a little water fountain in my room as well as candles and such. I use Nag Champa incense, it works pretty well. Nice warm bed sheets and ****. I'm withdrawaling from benzo's right now and I am on a lot of medication. I am on...

1. Paxil
2. Propanalol
3. Zyprexa
4. Gabitril
5. Folic acid
6. Uni-daily vitamen
7. Depakote
8. Verapamil
9. Vistaril

Please help me get off these drugs!
Old 02-07-2009, 11:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow that is quite a cocktail of meds....

I was on several anti-depressants for my anxiety and depression but never that many. I'm not an expert but I do not what worked great for me. At the suggestion of my doctor I joined a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy group for my anxiety and depression. My first night there they assigned us to read the CBT book by Sam Obitz which had an exercise called the TEA form which has helped me immensely. Over the next 16-weeks I was feeling better than I ever remember feeling. It taught me all sorts of coping skills that will stay with me forever. And my anxiety is totally under control now. That was almost a year ago and I am completely med free now and feel better than I ever have. It takes some self-discipline but if you work at it it will change your life.:ghug3

Last edited by Candygirl; 02-08-2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Add post notification
Old 02-09-2009, 03:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

Randy,
We are not doctors, here. We cannot give medical advice.
You need to discuss your concerns with your doctor about the amount of medications you are taking.

I do agree that CBT is a wonderful therapy for anxiety. It is not a cure all for all medical problems, though. Especially bipolar spectrum disorder.

I wish you well. Please let us know how it goes when you talk to your doc. We care.

Shalom!
Old 02-11-2009, 06:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey there! I can't give medical advice either...but will say, from working for GI docs, that many of our patients have had liver transplants and been just fine! They look and feel 100% better!!! It's amazing when your liver is failing, how sick you are, and how well you bounce back when you get a healthy liver in there working for you!!! Hang in there!! Best of luck. I'm sure the doctor has you on those meds because you need them, so please don't try to go off any meds without talking to your doctor. When you said "help me get off these drugs"...I think only your doctor can help you with that one.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Randy,
Wondering how you are doing and whether you did have a liver transplant etc? Also history, was not suggesting CBT is a cure all. Just sharing how well it has worked for me and how effective it is for most anxieties. Certainly not a cure for Bi-polar disorder from what I know or have seen.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Randy,
How are you? Did you ever receive that liver transplant and if so how did it go?
I hope you are doing well:ghug3
Old 02-01-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

One last try to reach out to you Randy. I am hoping the best for you and would love to hear an update if you are still checking this site