Notices

Waiting for the other shoe to drop

Old 01-28-2009, 04:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Waiting for the other shoe to drop

It seems, even on the best of days when I'm the most happiest or content, there is a dark cloud looming behind me and I feel as though something terrible is about to happen at any moment. And the happier I am or the better things are going, the worse it feels. Anyone else with me on this?

-LD
Old 01-28-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah I can kinda relate. I dont feel like I am capable of feeling happiness to the extent that I used to, like when I was a kid or even a few years ago. When I am out of the house, I do get a feeling that doom is coming or something bad is going to happen. Ativan, and practicing mindfulness helps somewhat with this, so that it doesnt reach panic attack levels.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Me too. I so often feel like I'm waiting for the inevitable bad thing to happen. LIke I don't deserve to be happy or content. I have a lot of anxiety and worry and that doesn't make it easier to feel happy, always worried about 'stuff'.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Paranoia is also a big part of the anxiety I feel when I am in public. I have fears of people watching/following me, when I catch someones eye I have to fight off the thoughts that he/she was trying to tell me a message by looking at me. If someone talks to me, I am contantly distracted because I am trying to figure out why they are talking to me, and if they are trying to pass a subliminal message to me. It really sucks, and then I have to come home to hear my Mom tell me that I should be more social, arghhhh.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had this feeling alot today. I am getting pretty excited about starting a business and getting some other stuff done that I haven't been able to in awhile and something keeps nagging at me, telling me it's just bs or a day-dream, like the messages I got from my family for so long. Or maybe it's my intuition telling me to slow down and not jump the gun. I don't know what it is really.