Notices

Day 2

Old 01-12-2009, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm just a girl

Day 2

Well, I woke up this morning wanting to drink and decided to take Classicals advice and come here instead. I know that I have a long ways to go, but being on day 2 is a start. I am so grateful I found this board...there are good people here.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Glad to see you're back. I woke up wanting to drink too but guess what...I'm here too Just for today I will not drink. I may have to come here a lot because I honestly obssess about it. I threw away the glasses I would always drink (gulp) from, I decided to not be home at 3:30 which is my typical start time and be at the gym instead. One more weird thing for me, I can't watch people drink on t.v. right now. I used to find shows while I was getting lit where people were drinking in any capacity so I wouldn't feel like i was drinking by myself...pathetic. Hang on!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Day two without alcohol is a good start to a better way of living.:ghug3
Old 01-12-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day two for me also, and I am grateful that it is not day one! I am also trying to come to this board more often. I had about 45 days back before Christmas and I want to be there and then some again too! My birthday is in Feb and I want to give myself at least 30 days of sobriety for that birthday and have that be just the beginning of a lifetime of sobriety. Thank you seeemethrough and classical!

Prettypoison - I can relate to watching people drink on tv. For me it is drinking in books that is bugging me - I actually stopped reading a novel because every scene had someone picking up a glass of wine. I don't really understand how that enhances the story but that story does not work for me right now.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

Seemethrough, I am really glad you are here this morning.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Resident

I am finding the same thing as seems that coming here really helps a lot. It takes me away from the self loathing that I have been experiencing since I started this a couple days ago also. We can do this. I will come everyday and draw on the strength that this group provides. We can all do this together and all of our combined will gives me strength. I can't believe I am writing this sappy stuff. Hopefully my bar buddies don't read it and laugh at me.