Still Struggling

Old 01-11-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Still Struggling

Hello to everyone.
It has been a very long time since I posted.
I continue to be here reading, keeping up with people as we all go through our struggles.

My brother is the addict in my life for those of you who do not know me.
He is 45, he has just came home from prison after 2 years. He went back to drugs within 2 weeks of coming home.

I am still trying to deal with all of it as well as I can. He has stayed away as he knows I dont want to deal with it.
He came by yesterday, my husband and I tried to talk with him. He talked a little. Something he said this time was new, he said he wanted to tell his PO to just send him back, get it over with, cause he knows he will go back, he also said its easier there.
It is still the sadiest thing to me, there was no anger just sadness as I continue to think about it.

I think of all the wonderful things he could be doing with his life, I am sure the addicts in your lives can be the same.

So I just needed to say this, I just so wish for happiness in his life as there is none, I wish for a safe life for him and his 2 girls. I am leaving that up to him and God.

I know that I need to let my worry go and hand it over to God also, thats what brought me here today.

sisofD
Old 01-11-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe a safe, happy life for him is in prison. We can't know what God has in store for our addicted loved ones. Only they can walk that path. We just need to walk ours and do the next right thing for us. Just love your brother wherever he is and whatever he chooses to do. Hugs, Marle
Old 01-11-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome back sis, and as sorry as I am that he doesn`t have support in place or something to make him want to go straight, I have to agree with Marle, just love him and leave him in God`s hands. That`s really how it is anyway.

I`m happy to see you again, but sorry for the occasion that brought you here.

Hugs