Notices

Day 8...Still doing great! (I guess...lol)

Old 01-08-2009, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8...Still doing great! (I guess...lol)

I just want to let you all know, that I'm still hanging in there...made it to day 8. My hubby is the one who said I should put "still doing great" in the title...lol.
He also says that he's proud of me, I'm proud of me too.
I'm telling myself, that I'm not quitting, I'm just cutting back and taking it a day at a time. Will I have some beer tomorrow? I don't know...Will I never have beer again? I don't know that answer to that either. All I know is that I'm not doing it right now and that tomorrow morning I will wake up the same way I did this morning...feeling pretty darn good!
I can't believe that I made it this long....would have had at least 3-4 drunk nights in by now...Gesh, that's about $40.
I love doing crafts and the past couple of days I have stopped by the craft store to buy some things for a new project that I just discovered...I ended spending some money on crafts instead of beer, now I have something to show for with no guilt.
Just wanted to share and say "I love you" guys!!!

XOXO

P.S. And yes, coming to this wonderful place has played the majority role in why I haven't drank for 8 DAYS!!!!
THANKS AGAIN!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello One-day! I'm also on day 8 myself. I figured on starting a hobby with all the money I'll be saving. Problem with me is I have been drunk for so long in my life, I'm not sure what I like doing!
Hopefully I'll make it through tomorrow, Friday will be real tough for me. I'll just have to check in here, it seems to help.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dojohn2004 View Post
Hello One-day! I'm also on day 8 myself. I figured on starting a hobby with all the money I'll be saving. Problem with me is I have been drunk for so long in my life, I'm not sure what I like doing!
Hopefully I'll make it through tomorrow, Friday will be real tough for me. I'll just have to check in here, it seems to help.
Dojohn...Thanks for replying and CONGRATS on day 8!
Since we share the same number of days...I'm giving you a hug...

The truth about my hobby is, I just don't have one specific thing that I'm interested in. So throughout the years, I've been collecting various tools and supplies so when the time comes that I need it, I will have it on hand.
Things like airbrushing, polymer clay, cross-stitching, scrapbooking, etc...
My true love is paper crafting...I love making cards for people.
So, the trick is to stock pile on a bunch of things and discover what you really like. I'm just playing, I'm not only an alcoholic...but I'm obsessed with crafts of all sorts. My hubby says I'm sick....LOL!

I'm with you when you say you hope you can make it through Friday...I'll tell you what, I'll have your back if you have mine...Deal? Check back in here tomorrow and let me know how your doing, I'll be here and do the same for you.
See ya,
XOXO
Old 01-08-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Aday! Congrats on 8 days! That is great and I love that your hubby is proud of you! awww
Old 01-08-2009, 06:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go on 8 days. I'm on 12 and moving onto lucky number 13 tommorow.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats! Have you considered selling greeting cards on line? Could be an exciting hobby and pay for itself too! I love clever cards!

Love,

Lenina
Old 01-08-2009, 06:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

way to go onedayatatime

I to am on my 8th day clean.

keep up the great work