Notices

Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Old 12-30-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stuck between a rock and a hard place

So, I've come to the conclusion that I'm a non-confrontational person in certain circumstances in order to avoid more emotional stress that leads me to bottle up more feelings. By this I mean that when I argue with my wife, I tend to detach from myself. Talking to her and assuring her that all will be well makes her almost angry, as though I'm not thinking clearly (This is when talking about important things on life, like having a baby). I'm a realist and when a problem comes up, I know it's something we will be able to handle, as we have all other issues in the past. She seems to think whatever comes next will be harder to handle or will somehow make life miserable, not realizing that she's already making life miserable for the 2 of us by thinking so.

In any case, worst case scenario is we move back to Canada and live at my mom's while we get on our feet in Canada. My mom has 2 spare rooms which she can't wait for us to use. My wife finds ways to make it sound as though we are bad for expecting my mother to help. I won't go into it further, but she's almost self-destructive.

So, I don't say anything, she continues to be destructive, I bottle it up and detach from the situation, she thinks I ignore her, when I try to talk normally to her she gets angry, I stop talking because if I get angry I feel like the back of my head will burst because I've got all this past emotion filled to the rim. Not good for either of us.

Do I tell my wife exactly how I feel. Well, that would mean she'd feel bad and then guilty and that's not what I want. It doesn't matter how I put it, she'll feel that way. So what do I do...nothing.

Typing this out has helped enough for now...suggestions are always welcome, but I doubt anything anyone suggests will be taken...but you never know...

Panic attack avoided...
Old 12-30-2008, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, DaVinci. I'm sorry I don't know what to say, but I'll "bump" this thread, anyway. Hopefully someone will come along who understands this much better than I do.