things i want to do in 2009

Old 12-26-2008, 02:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

things i want to do in 2009

1. learn how to play the violin.

2. get a job, any job, asap.

3. get a tattoo of a mother bluebird and 4 smaller bluebirds to signify my children, flying into sky with a sun and some clouds. i think i will get it on my shoulder....no chicken skin there yet.

4. learn a second language.....maybe spanish or malybe italian.

5. look into going back to school.

anyone else want to join in their goals for 2009?
Old 12-26-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ok here are some goals for me...

1.) Finish writing my books (they've been on hold for so long)

2.) Send them to publishers.

3.) Get my own place (leave AH).

4.) File for divorce.

5.) Work out one more day a week so MS doesn't bug my right leg so much. (I really can't reverse it; but I can make it stronger)

6.) Set better boundaries even with my kids.

7.) Take care of me some.

8.) Continue with my photography classes.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ago

Keep doing what I'm doing

Have patience (I heard a great definition of patience by whatisname Suzuki the Buddhist, patience is being comfortable with what is rather then waiting for it to change) with myself and my situation and know it will continue to evolve and "get better" (I started kind of "spinning out" this morning about all the things I have "planned" for this next year)

I have all this "stuff" I need to do over the next year, deal with the debts I incurred and the "wreckage" from living for three years at about thirty percent of the national "poverty level" from keeping the "family business" running in order to support them. Nothing too bad only like 5-6 k, nothing I can't sort out in a year.

Wake up next to my sweety next Christmas morning
Old 12-26-2008, 08:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hello embraced thank you for this thread

1 Go to Al anon so I can dettach from the XAH and concentrate on my job

2 Buy keyboards and continue learning piano

3 Learn portuguese or swedish :> hey I can help you with the Spanish!

4 Work out and eat better

5 Obtain some IT certifications

6 Do a good job in theater and join singing lessons (my voice is not unlike a Chipmunk's but what the hell)

7 Continue dettaching

8 Tattooo!! I'd akso love a tattoo on my shoulder, something with a meaning.. perhaps a Phoenix or some sort of symbol

9 Take care of my health
Old 12-26-2008, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I did my first tattoo this year they are great!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

tattoos......my dad was soooooo corny. he used to show his tattoo of a rooster on his belly. we couldn't see it. he would keep saying....it's right there!

we would look and look. finally he said, well it's a little faded. all that's left is it's belly button.

he would tell this hundreds of times and everytime, we would just hoot with laughter. course, we thought everything he said was funny.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Whatever I'm doing in 2009 must be good, because we ordered Chinese at work today and my fortune says, "Soon you will be sitting on top of the world". So when I get there (on top of the world, that is) I'll be sure to send you all a postcard!

Oh, and tattoos.....my 45th birthday is in a couple weeks, and I'm thinkin' I'd like a pink ribbon in honor of my sister surviving breast cancer.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

wow i wish my fortune cookies were that good!! dont forget us while you are there, blessed!!

embraced, im also thinking of parachuting.. there are some guys at work organizing it and i feel good because i signed on first, so the ex is not going !!
although with my luck this year it is possible it wont open... and that will be the end of it!!

but it will be great just to shout all whats eating you inside and feel the rush... ive been a zombie so much time .

are you planning your tattoo to have colours or only shades of black?
Old 12-26-2008, 12:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

colors. and eventually tree branches with lots of vines, flowers, and hearts.

course i've got to get a job first and pay off a bunch of bills.

parachuting???? ewwwww.....i'm too chicken for that. i get dizzy in high heels.

blessed, the pink ribbon is a lovely idea.

i would love to have my childrens names written in beautiful, color cursive around my wrist, too.

hey, i might join the circus if i get enough of them!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by embraced2000 View Post
hey, i might join the circus if i get enough of them!
....or become a drummer. My 16 year old informed me that he NEEDS to get a tattoo because he wants to be a drummer and ALL drummers have tattoos. I told him when his first CD goes platinum I'll take him right down to the tattoo parlor and buy him one myself!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

roflmao!!! the only job i could get as a drummer would be the cleaning lady that dusted them. but, hey, i'd have the requirement of the tats, huh?

when i discussed this with my mama, who is almost 73, she said....i want one too! i asked her what she would get, and she said a rose on her "declote" or cleavage. i bout fell outta my chair. i don't think she can see her "declote" very well, or she would never consider it.

i've got to talk her into one on her shoulder. did you know that a womans shoulders show the least amount of age? at least that is what dr. oz on oprah says.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Things I want to do, am going to do, and plan to do in 2009:

1. Graduate from the University of Maryland with my bachelor's degree

2. Upgrade my software skills to be as current as possible, as soon as I graduate

3. Tackle the job market - whew!

4. Move to a large metropolitan area; Houston and Baltimore are both possibilities

5. Lose 15 pounds that I gained ... ugh

6. Surround myself with people with whom I can laugh, love, and support

7. Make peace with the demons of my past that still trigger certain emotional responses in me that serve no constructive purpose

7. And to never, ever, ever again - write this one in indelible laundry marker in the book of my life - spend a horrible Christmas with AH. N-E-V-E-R.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you for this post.

Things I want to do.... I want to work with a trainer for longer periods of time so I can keep improving my fitness with out hurting myself.

I want to work with the trainer and not feel guilty that I am spending money on myself.

I want to cont to work on myself. Its nice to have a me again even if at times I'm a little rocky on understanding what that means.

I want to hike on Mt. Shasta, I was asked to go by a person I know and I said yes, I have the weekend off at work. Now all I need is to keep myself healthy and stong so I can do it. I have about 6 months to get ready!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Continue to go to Church every Sunday

Get to the doctor, and not the one I work for!

Love my kids and myself

Continue to help my son,myself,His brother & sister to learn about his ADHD

Pray for my ex ah that he continues to stay sober and healthy

Forgot one, get my windows tinted on my car
Old 12-26-2008, 09:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kermit View Post

Continue to help my son,myself,His brother & sister to learn about his ADHD
Awesome book......."Why ADHD doesn't mean disaster". Oh, and "Delivered from Distraction". I think there's a chapter in both of them for sibs. I've got others if you're interested.

My oldest (and I) have ADHD, and it can be an incredible thing. Once we learn how to harness it there is NO stopping us. I believe my son could do ANYTHING he puts his mind to....true of anyone, but especially those of us gifted with ADHD. Find your son's natural talent, and feed it. We didn't discover until my son was in high school how musically inclined he is.....now that may be the thing that pays for his college.

I'll get off my soapbox now.....I just get really excited when I hear about ADHD, because I know that all of the negativity surrounding the diagnosis simply does not have to be true......PM me anytime!