Notices

Help

Old 12-25-2008, 09:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

I am an alcoholic and have been for a long time. I only quit when I was pregnant and nursing my daughter. Since then, things have obviously gotten progressively worse. I went to an in-patient treatment program to detox and am now an out-patient. But I am still drinking. I NEED to stop. I'm struggling so much. Please help. I don't want to spend one more night without my daughter. My husband worries me because he doesn't support me at all. He doesn't understand it's not all that easy just to "put the glass down". I feel like I'm going crazy and very alone.

Anyway, thanks for listening (reading). Any advice is appreciated.

Brobo
Old 12-26-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Brobo, welcome. You might want to try posting in the Newcomers thread, it's a bit more active. I just happened upon your post a bit accidentally. Come join us, you'll get LOTS of support!!

(go to main forum page, the newcomers to recovery section)

My husband is the same way. He thinks I have complete control and power over alcohol, and it confuses him why I can't just enjoy a few beers with him and STOP. I have to resign myself to that fact right now and just work on me, the rest will fall in place the way it should. Hopefully in the end he'll get to know the real me, and fall in love with the idea of my sobriety like he feels about me
Old 12-26-2008, 09:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I just went back and read some of your old posts.. Did you ever go to the doctor? Is that how you ended up in treatment? I'm scared for you, please get the help you need to end this once and for all. We're here to support you

I was a closet Vodka drinker too.. I also hid a lot (less than I thought!) of my drinking from my husband.

Oh, and you are not alone.