What a Christmas

Old 12-25-2008, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a Christmas

My children are now at the age where Christmas is not so much about jumping up at 5am and hitting the tree. So we didn't get up until 830 that is good for me. We waited till 915 for him to get up so we could do gifts. 930 we opened gifts without him. He is really mad!!!! What a day and weekend I have ahead of me. Of course my daughter Said wait and I said no! So look what I started... I guess when you stay up all night drinking you don't want to have to get up early. I guess this may just be the beginning of the end for us. Christmas is all about family and my just isn't normal at all.

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and Love all the family you have!
Old 12-25-2008, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Hmmmm, I hope you can salvage YOUR DAY. Sounds like your daughter is developing some Co-dependent tendancies. Do you attend Alanon? Maybe it would be a good idea, depending on her age to take her to a few meetings also.

I have to say, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!! Getting on with the business of enjoying and living life and letting the alcoholic have the consequences of HIS OWN ACTIONS.

I am glad you are here, but sorry that it is because of an Alcoholic in your life.

Please, for YOU, read the 'stickys' at the top of the forum. Ask questions, feel free to cry, vent, rant, rave, scream, cry and even laugh sometimes, we do care.

I hope you can have a Peaceful and Serene Christmas for you and 'the kids.'

Love and hugs,
Old 12-25-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Laurie! Of course now he has reason to lay in bed all day and be the anti social person he likes to be. I figure we will go on to visit my family without his company as usual. There is always a reason to miss out on that. I am going to make the best of this day for my girls!!! I have always had to be the sober, strong one for them. Thanks again for the LOVE!!
Sue
Old 12-25-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

so sorry for the effects of alcoholism on your family, sue. those effects reach far and wide. and have deeper roots than a dandelion.

good for you for making the best of the day.

many hugs your way and i hope the rest of your day is more pleasant. the ball is in your court. don't let his actions define your day. i know that is hard.

jeri
Old 12-25-2008, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

tell him to kiss your a**, he should have gotten up out of bed, maybe next year he will know better