court tomorrow

Old 12-11-2008, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

court tomorrow

I have to go to court tomorrow to make the temp. restraining order permanent for a year. He knows the date and has the chance to defend himself against the charges. Any tips on how to deal with not being a ball of nerves? I am not going to be able to sleep tonight :-(
Old 12-11-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice bath and a hot cup of tea, then refuse to think about anything but relaxing and sleep
Old 12-11-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
if there's a restraining order, he shouldn't be allowed to be near or around you i thought?
I have a 2 week temp. order that will be made permanent (hopefully) tomorrow. The judge said I had to come back and he has the right to contest the charges I have against him. ex-abf doesn't have to go but has the right to contest the charges I filed (I guess? this is my first time ever having to deal with this) so even though he's not to be near me...he might be at court for the hearing tomorrow. I so a little freaked out.

I also went to get the watch my brother gave me for xmas last year...gone along with my other DKNY watch, the gold chain my mom gave me when I graduated high school (14k) a diamond necklace from my old bf before ex-abf and a ruby set from another ex. Not that I really wear them, but it hurt to see them missing. I wish I noticed them before. At least I can think about them when I see his face if he shows tomorrow and that will make me not feel bad for the jerk.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My husband and I had to take out a restraining order on his twin brother years ago. We went to court and were also worried about him showing up. Obviously, the person must be showing threatening behaviors if you are filing a restraining order. When we arrived, we got there early and let the bailiffs at the court know of our concerns. The were very nice and kept an eye out for him. He actually arrived at the courthouse, but ended up leaving before our appearance with the judge. I think the bailiffs eyeing him scared him off, lol. We never even saw him that day and we have not seen or heard from him since.

Good luck!

Kathy