Notices

hello my SR friends-prayers please!

Old 11-23-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mi vida loca

hello my SR friends-prayers please!

hello everyone-i havent been around a whole lot to post BUT ive definitely been doing a lot of reading. anyway, i will be returning to my job this coming weekend and i am asking you all for some prayers/thoughts. first and foremost, its been a while since ive worked and im really scared and nervous for a couple of reasons 1) because of my extreme physical pain/disability/limitations it has been too hard to have a job until now (im not going back because i feel im well enough to but because ive lost everything and will be on the street if i dont start making some money-thanks a lot you pieces of $hit at social security) 2) i will be spending a lot of time away from my children and that breaks my heart, im also concerned as one of my children has some learning disabilities and i worry about her getting enough school work help when im working 3) i guess its just scary in general to take on something you havent done in a long time...i know im very good at what i do, i just dont have any self esteem and i worry about being a good worker, zero confidence will do this to a person i guess. so please for anyone that could spare some prayers, positive vibes or good thoughts please send them my way. thanks everyone very much-take care
Old 11-23-2008, 08:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You will be in my prayers. I am throwing good Mojo your way right this second!
Old 11-23-2008, 09:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Boy do I hear you loud and clear!! I think the first day (or day back) at any job is hard. Please believe I was not all gung ho at going to my job at McDonalds last friday...but same as you ...I am not a "air fern" ...I have to get paid..I still can't believe that I work there...but I have to do it for my kid...so at 4;30 I will be rolling out of bed adn heading through the snow walking to work!!! So please , please know YOU ARE NOT ALONE...and I am proud of ya for going back to work....its hard!! What time will you get home ??? That was the main deal with McDonalds is I only work day and am home when my kid gets home....
I don't know..there has to b e a oight at the end of the tunnel for me someday if I just keep going ...clean and sober..
love north
Old 11-23-2008, 09:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mi vida loca

i will have to leave at 5pm and wont get home until 1:30am...sunday through thursday-at least i will have the weekends with my children and get to do the 'things' we like to do/need to do (grocery shopping, laundry, school projects, etc.) gosh im already tired just thinking about it...the good news is that it isnt a physically demanding position (only reason i can actually work this job)
Old 11-24-2008, 02:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Hey, krissy. it's real tough going back to work after a break, whatever the reason. It's normal to feel fairly terrified.

I spend all my weekends catching up too. You need to establish a good routine, altho that takes time.

And congrats on getting a job! That's cool and not easy in the times we're in right now.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

krissy, good thoughts coming your way. I've faced a couple of those "OhmygodamIgoingtobeabletodothis?" moments. My sponsor gave me the best suggestion ever in the face of that kind of uncertainty and fear. She tells me that all I can do is put one foot in front of the other. I've been all sorts of places I wouldn't have imagined going by doing just that.

I'm sure you're going to be fine.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 11-24-2008, 05:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Krissy)))

Big hugs and prayers coming your way. I know this is hard, but like Sugah says, just put one foot in front of the other. That's the only way I've found to get through some things I never thought I could. There's days I have to tell myself "left foot, right foot, repeat"

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-24-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

krissy -- sending good thoughts // prayers your way. your a very unique women and i am almost positive that you will do fine and be able to overcome whatever is thrown in your way (whether it be this new job or anything else). Im sure after a week or so getting back into the working world you will be glad you did and it will help build up your self esteem as well I think.

anyway, thinking about you and hoping everything is going well with you this morning. ~~ scotty big hugs
Old 11-24-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Krissy my thoughts and prayers are with you!!! It is always hard to tackle something new especially when you have no self esteem as it is. But you have a made a giant step towards restoring that! You will be a wonderful worker and your kids will respect you more because they see what you are doing for them. Unfortunately the system does not always take care of those who need it, but you are taking it into your own hands and I applaud you for that! It is scary out there, but just deal with it a step at a time and you will be fine!
I have worked full time for last 12 years or so until this past February, my husband joined the military and we were relocated so I had to give up my job. This past September I finally found a part time job,(we can not live off of my husband's pay) and it was so hard at first getting back into the swing of things. The one thing that I have learned totally helps is organization. If you can have some type of schedule set up for your kids for when they get home from school, so they know what to expect, when it's time to do homework, have a snack, all that stuff (since you will not be there to guide them) and then when you are off on the weekends you shouldn't be so stressed out trying to get them caught up on everything you know? It has helped me so much just that little bit because lets face it, even when their father is in charge, things are still not done the way they "should" be most of the time. Which means the way that we want them done!!

Best of luck to you and congratulations on your new job, hopefully this will give you an outlet to get out of the house as well and start restoring that self esteem of yours!!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good luck ((krissy)) and sending prayers for strength and focus your way!!
I think it is wonderful you are going back to work and hope one of these days I too will find the courage to get back out there and try my hand at something!
((HUGS)) YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Jane
Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Prayers being said for your physical pain to be less, for your child to get the help needed and also for your confidence to be up. You can do it!
Blessings, Sheila