Notices

All Suboxone Monday starters!

Old 11-23-2008, 08:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All Suboxone Monday starters!

Reading through these posts the last few days it seems that there are several people starting their suboxone treatment Monday (11/30/08). I think there are 3-4 of you starting your sub treatments on Monday (maybe a few more). I want to wish you all the best of luck and offer you my heartfelt best wishes. When I first started on this site I was one of just a few people (BV & KJ included) that used subs--it was sort of not the preferred way to go when I started. I am glad to see that more people are coming here to inquire about this drug. I use another forum as well that is dedicated to suboxone users, so I'm used to being with all sub users in my 'chats'. It is really nice to see people coming here to ask questions as well as to see more open-mindedness of other members and their support for the member choosing to go the route of suboxone treatment.

Please please please all of you keep us updated on how things go. Feel free to ask about any questions, concerns, sub dose, sub side effects, anything at all while you are getting started. You will be amazed at the difference. It really is a change that no matter how many times we tell you that you'll feel so much better, it isn't until you experience it for yourself will you see what we've been talking about. Do NOT put a time-limit on your use of the subs...you take them as long as you need to which means you take them until you are at the lowest possible risk for relapse when you taper off of them. ALso, do not stress about withdrawaling from them. If it is done correctly, and if the taper is well-controlled, the wd froms subs can be nill. I wont say there are not any wd effects, but there are some people and posts you will come across who will make it out to sound like it's as bad as wd from opiate--this is NOT true. IMO these stories are from people who didn't like the use of subs in the first place and weren't ready and/or willing to work all the steps in their lives to supplement the subs.

Congratulations to all of you for making the deciison to start subs and start your new life. Please keep posting--there should be many tomorrow since so many of you are jumping on board! I know that I'm always available, through posts on here or through PM to answer any questions/concerns, and I know that the other sub users are available as well. Good luck and welcome to your new life!!! (just get those suppport systems in place too! )