Notices

Emmer, Joe, where you be Man?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Emmer, Joe, where you be Man?

Hey man, where are you Joe, you doing ok? havent seen you on my thread which you usually post on.... I just wanna make sure you are doing well, and wanted to say hello!! You are a good friend and wanna keep you around. LOVE YA, Becky
Old 11-20-2008, 10:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I was thinking the same thing. Where is that old timer?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

He posted on sunflower's "Another day" thread, this week I think - he had been sober 2 days. Don't know how he is now tho!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

He mentioned he was working out of town this week ...
Well I am off to my new career as a McDonalds employee!! How humbling is that?? At least I will get paid...and thats kinda what I am looking for ..I will be walking to work through the woods every morning at 5:30 to go to work!! Now does that sound crazy or what??haha..I swear I feel like a freaking pioneer woman or something...Daniel Boone....I think I better get some pepper spray of somthing though,,the park I walk through is really isloated and some crime stuff happens there...thrilling,,,

Kay I am heading to the meeting..tahnx Windy for starting this post...I have a feeling Joe is going to be back around here soon..
love north
Old 11-20-2008, 12:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

actually North, MOI started the thread, lol. Im teasing I really did tho, out of worry for him,. Your strenght and bravery never cease to amaze me. Walking thru the woods at an ungodly hour, hitting your meetings, its unreal, you are so strong and brave and hope you realize that!!! I respect you so much!

Okay, come on Joe, post up so no more worrys from us worriers!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Oh...well thanks for pointing that out tenn ladyA!!!!!!!!!! You get credit for it!! hahah

You get to eat free at mcdonals too!! Chicken salads...parfaits.....shakes....! I am always up for a free lunch ya know!!! Sigh......my life is changing alot...
love north
Old 11-20-2008, 03:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You just keep telling yourself how strong and brave and GREAT you are, if you could see you from the angle we see you, you would be blown away by your strength!!!! You are amazing, Love, Becky
Old 11-20-2008, 03:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Being the control freak I am, (think Monica from Friends, but less tidy and less good looking) I think we should have a MIA thread, where people can post if they are going to disappear a while, for whatever reason. Holidays, the sulks, relapses, don't matter.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I agree, lost...you know how we worry

Okay, Joe, mama hen, here,....where the heck are you?

(((North))) - way to go on the job!!! I think we'll have to call you Danielle Boone

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-20-2008, 03:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

I heard from Joe last night & he was okay....

Congrats on the McDonalds job! Hey, that's something! I need a job!!!!!

blessings, Sheila
Old 11-20-2008, 04:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks, Lily.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

gee thanks you guys ....... I am overwhelmed with gratitude !

I am doing ok I guess. I friend from sr is helping out with hp stuff and forgiveness etc.

I have only 3 days clean and am sceptical (to be honest) that I can do this, because I'm so beaten down with stress.

That being said, I am trying hard and I'm taking the -no dope/no drink thing-
one day at a time.

I love you all.

..Joe
Old 11-20-2008, 06:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Joe)))

Thanks for checking in. You are ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm very proud of you for reaching out for help.

Maybe instead of being skeptical, you can just be grateful for each night you hit the pillow clean? I know, easier said than done, but I just hate to see you beating up on yourself, and not giving yourself a break. One day clean is awesome, 3 is even better. None of us get any length of clean time, without doing it one day at a time.

I really wish I could make you believe in yourself, but until you do, I'll just keep believing in you, okay?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-20-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey North- It does not matter if you are a sidewalk sweeper, you got a JOB!! My first job was at a McDonald's and truthfully, it was my favorite. You get to meet so many different people. You'll be great! One question though- How in the world do you pull yourself up before 5:30am in pitch black, walk to work, in pitch black and get through the day, in darkness? You are one heck of a strong woman!!

Joe- One day at a Time--- I am taking it one hour at a time. Each day sober is a gift you give yourself. Don't beat yourself up for past mistakes, just think about today. You're clean today so you're winning today!!

Love,
Jess
Old 11-20-2008, 10:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
Being the control freak I am, (think Monica from Friends, but less tidy and less good looking) I think we should have a MIA thread, where people can post if they are going to disappear a while, for whatever reason. Holidays, the sulks, relapses, don't matter.

I agree lost--I do get worried about people when you start seeing a decline in postings. I try to look on the positive side that they are out living life again but of course the negative comes up and they relapsed but cant bring themselves to share. Please, if anyone relapses please pleas please come on here and talk about it. There is no shame in relapse and there is no judgement on this site as most all of us have been there.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Well my man Joe, you know we are here for you...

MadRiley...I do not know HOW I am going to do it in the morning! Went to the orientation tonight . It was across town in a pretty rough neighborhood...people were drinkng out of paper bags at the bus stop ..and it was absolutely FRIGID when the sun went down...at 4:30 pm! I had to cross a EIGHT LANE highway to get to the bus stop...I just hate crap like that...SOooooo glad I work so close to the house and don't ever have to do that trip again!! ARGHHHHHHHHH
I came home and Chance had wiped ALL MY COMPUTER FILES CLEAN.....and made HIMSELF the administrator with a secret password!!!! ALL MY FILES ARE GONE,,,,I almost came comletely unwrapped...
AND he has a bad TOOTHACHE...
I told him "Well Chance maybe it was that 15 pounds of candy you have went through in the last week? DO YA THINK?????????????? Not alot of sympathy from me tonight...If he can't be responsible while I am at work...well I hate to think...it won't be pretty..I am done taking his disrespect...it is absolutley disgusting...and he LIES every other sentence now..He is SO SPOILED from me being so guilt ridden..
Not anymore...mama's new name is going to be PAIN around here....little satan worshipper!! ARGHHHHH..
well gosh..thanx for letting me rant here Joe,,,,,I am here for you and am glad you are working with a sposor..I am soooo going to miss going to my meeting every day!!!
love north
Old 11-20-2008, 11:30 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Congrats on the job. I put myself working at a Subway, nothing wrong with good, hard work.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

((Joe)) Don't know you so well, but I know you been struggling. But the fact you keep on keeping on is an inspiration to people like me, who are also struggling! First 3 days always the toughest I think - altho I have never got past 17 days myself!

LOL, North. Your son is just like mine. He is always messing with the computer, locking me out of iTunes.

At the moment, he is doing high dealings on e-bay and theoretically made himself £250.00. Impressive, but we never hear the end of it! And he's always hogging my cyberspace!!

I have respect for all McDonald's employees, coz I'm not sure I wouldn't mess up horribly if I had to do that job! I've waitressed before, and people got surprise meals all the time!!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

thank you Joe!!! I was honestly so worried about you . You are always 100 percent honest on this forum and that is so admirable. Easy to lie and say, Oh, im not using (which I Have done for fear of being blown off) You are special to so many people here, adn I am soo soo glad you posted!!! LOVE YOU JOE
Old 11-21-2008, 06:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks so much.

..I'm alive and on day four ...clean.

Have ya'll, ever been so pissed off that you start to be consumed with hatred for someone?

That sort of stuff is something I need to work on and try to forgive because it eats me up and makes my day horrible.
Sometimes I snap out of it and think .."what I am doing"? and then try to act in a more loving way and more understanding and that makes me feel more at peace.

Anybody else struggling in a similar way?

..emmer