back on the streets hustling again

Old 11-18-2008, 08:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back on the streets hustling again

well its happening again, his siter called me last night to tell me my exbf is on the streets again and now this time he is doing meth with some girl he hooked up with..!! man i dont know when he will get it or if ever.. he also stole money from his parents 5000.. they are really upset, i dont know what they arwe going to do about it, but i would press charges.. he says he would rather go back to prison, since he cant find a job or a place to live,,so im guessing thats where he will be headed here shortly..its just a matter of time..my heart breaks for the man i used to know,,but i know he cares nothing for me or anyone right now other than chasing his drug..his doc was crack before and now he is doing meth?? WTF!!??? i just hope he doesnt call me or show up at my door someday,,i dont think he will ever get it..he is not the man i used to know,,..im so glad i am out of that relationship, but yet a part of me still mourns the man i used to know..funny huh? the only good thing about all of this is i guess i know he is still alive..i hope he does get busted,,thier is relief in that,,,i dont know why i even give a ****,,its not like he thinks about me or how this is affecting me.. logically i know the truth of this whole scenario and how it will play out,,but a part of me still wished he would have gotten his life together, i feel bad for his parents, his siters are just so mad and devastated, dont blame them..he will have no one left except for his new meth head girlfrioend and we know that wont last long because its all based on if they can get high together and as long as the drugs are available. i just needed to vent my frustrations over this whole scenario..
Old 11-18-2008, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((dogged)))) I understand how your feeling. Hang in there. It's a hard thing to get over on your own.

:praying NH7
Old 11-19-2008, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

just out of curiosity even though i know crack,meth or any other drug is bad for you..is meth worse than crack? they both have the same effects doesnt it? i guess im wondering which one is going to kill him faster? isnt that sad? whats the difference between the 2 drugs? because i know with crack he would loose weight fast, not eat or sleep,paranoid,eating sweets alot,is meth the same way?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

meth is crack. They are the same drug.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No meth and crack are different drugs. Crack is made with cocaine and smoked.
Meth is made w/ a variety of chemicals, and a cold medicine (can't remember the name of it). When my AH relapsed and abused crack, he lost much weight. He used to be a meth user back in the days of his youth, don't know if he's used it since, and I doubt he would ever admit it if he did.
Meth doesn't cause the instant weight loss. The DEA says meth is a worse epidemic right now. It's more dangerous because it can be home made. It's very dangerous for neighbors, children or anyone near a meth user or a meth house. There is high risk of chemical explosions. Chemicals also get into the walls and carpets of homes, and the home is poisoned. It takes a lot of clean up to get it unpoisoned.

Just google info on these drugs and get informed. They are both frightening drugs, but meth far more dangerous.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((HUGS))) dogged. My AH doc is meth. The symptoms you described are similar.
Weight loss, night sweats, etc. Because of the feeling of bugs crawling under the skin
they get, mine also has sores on his arms he's picked, as well as his face. He's actually
picked or shaved or burned? (not sure) his eyebrows out.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by dogged View Post
just out of curiosity even though i know crack,meth or any other drug is bad for you..is meth worse than crack? they both have the same effects doesnt it? i guess im wondering which one is going to kill him faster? isnt that sad? whats the difference between the 2 drugs? because i know with crack he would loose weight fast, not eat or sleep,paranoid,eating sweets alot,is meth the same way?

Interaction in the brain differences:

Meth, once it enters the blood stream, crosses thru the blood-brain barrier, stimulates the dopamine receptors to pour out dopamine and also blocks the recycle process to recover the dopamine. It takes the body 12+ hours to break down the meth to cause this activity to stop. During the time meth is actively changing brain chemistry, the body has a 3rd process which destroys excess dopamine, which is NOT blocked by meth, so the body goes about destroying a lot of dopamine for hours at a time.

Cocaine, once it enters the blood stream, crosses thru the blood-brain barrier, stimulates dopamine receptors to pour our dopamine. It does NOT block the recycle process. The body takes only a few minutes to break down cocaine, which is why the "high" from cocaine only lasts a few minutes.

Both cause over stimulation of dopamine receptors, causing some damage there.

Meth is worse than cocaine, from a brain chemistry prospective, because it blocks the natural recycle process and stays in the brain for so long before the body can break it down. It disrupts brain chemistry longer, and more harshly.

KCI - the anti-meth site - Home

is a great resource of info. for meth.

i guess im wondering which one is going to kill him faster? isnt that sad?

******.....}}}}

I don't think there is ever an answer to that question.
Lots of love, light and hugs your way.

Meth is made from paint thinner, gas, alcohol, drain cleaner, etc.
lots of chemicals,
from what I know crack is coke and baking soda.
But I don't think you can measure how bad they are,
or which is worse, I mean, as
we each take to them differently.

JMO
Old 11-19-2008, 10:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chloes1 View Post
Meth is methamphetamine, an upper. Crack is made from cocaine and is an opiate.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My AH doc is crack, the times he did use meth he was an IV user. I would think which kills quicker would depend on how they were using and their body.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

They are both different drugs. They both make you crazy. They are both really really really really really really bad. The psychosis caused by use can be very similar. Meth causes permanent brain damage faster than crack.

My ex is a crack addict who swore he would never use meth. But then he started using meth. He said that meth turned him into a monster even more than the crack did. Not that it mattered because he is a monster, when he uses drugs - it doesn't matter which one.

As a former crack cocaine addict, I'm pretty positive that coke is not an opiate. Cocaine is a stimulant. It's not from the same family as opiates at all. Although it may be classified in the same category as opiates on the DM3.

As far as what will kill him faster, there's no way you can know the answer to that. I'm sorry.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow, people on this board explain so much easier. Cause when i research on google i start getting confused sometimes.
I guess experience speaks volumes and clearer.

~Limiya~
Old 11-19-2008, 04:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just wanted to add that a sign/symptom of Meth use can be seen as 'spots' on the skin. Usually brown or purpleish and vary in size, which may often become sores due to being picked at. The chemicals used in making meth exit through the skin, causing these 'spots' or 'blemishes'.

Blessings,
Shaman
Old 11-19-2008, 09:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

im just curious from the recovered addicts here,,what goes throughthier mind while thier on the street homless and sleeping with whoever and gettinghigh?/ do they even think that its F***** up? do they realize the damage they are dong t themselves and to others? do they care? do they not think of those few glimpses of when the were clean to want that bad enough? im curious what they really are thinking while thier hustling on the streets? do they know a good thing if they had it? do they even care? (apparently not) do they ever think of the people they left behind to chase thier high? or in thier mind at the time they are having fun? doing what thier doing? do they feel any remorse while using? are they in pain emotionally does the depression set in if what thier life really is when they are waking uo from a morning of partying? is that why they hurry up and look to score right away in the day? what do they think of on a reguler day from the time thry get up til they go to sleep, please take me through a day of an addict, so i can understand better?? i am really curious, i know what ive seen, just curious how they really feel in a day what goes through thier mind?
Old 11-19-2008, 10:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

when I was using, it seemed perfectly logical to me that I was homeless, prostituting to get money for crack, running when the cops came.` When I DID have a momentary thought of how screwed up my life was, I just smoked more crack and forgot about it. As soon as the high started wearing off, all I could think about was getting more. If it came between getting a room for the night or something to eat, or getting high, getting high always won out. It was literally all I could think about, 24/7.

My DOC was crack, but I tried meth. I've also been told by crack addicts to do meth to get off of crack? WTF? I didn't like meth. It just kept me awake, didn't make me high. Crack, on the other hand, made me high. I had several people who did meth staying with me, for a while, and they were extremely paranoid and hallucinated. Although crack would do that to me, rarely, I just didn't see any benefits of meth, and I'm glad I didn't.

They are both stimulants, and will both cause weight loss. From what I've read, and seen from people here, I'm really glad I didn't get addicted to meth, but crack was bad enough.

Either way, I'm glad you are no longer with him.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-20-2008, 04:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Originally Posted by NeedingHelp7 View Post
Meth is made w/ a variety of chemicals, and a cold medicine (can't remember the name of it).
Is it Sudafed?.. I think thats why nowadays when you go into CVS or something you can't just buy that stuff off the shelf. You have to ask the pharmacist behind the counter for it and then you have to sign off on this sheet because if you buy say more then 3 boxes of sudafed in a certain time period they will refuse to sell you anymore..

Meth has become quite an epidemic here in the South and I'm not sure why. I don't know a whole lot about it except from what documentry's I have watched.. from what I have seen it is a horrible thing to be hooked on and a dangerous drug to make. When they bust meth labs, often times they have to destroy the whole house or building because of all the chemicals and bio hazards it produces.

Scary Stuff
Old 11-20-2008, 09:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I was never homeless and on the street but I could have eventually ended up that way. And it would have been ok. As long as I was high. And if I wasn't high, I was pretty much consumed with thinking about the next time I was giong to get high. And if I had any guilt it was quickly washed away by the first hit. And then I was consumed by cravings for more more more. There was no room for anything else. It worked for me. And I wasn't going to let anyone get between me and my drugs.

Addicts don't function in the same reality as you do dogged. It's like the fourth dimension. I used to think that the homeless crack addicts prostitutes and drug dealers had it all figured out. No responsibilities. No one to answer too. An endless supply of drugs. Life revolved around drugs. It was an alternate reality.