Notices

I need information please

Old 11-14-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question I need information please

I don't know if I am doing this the right way or not I have never tried before, anyway, I am in need of some information from people who know the factual answers to my questions preferably from experience. I have been addicted to norco and vicodin for 3-5 years. I took 30-40 pills a day depending on their strength. Anyway, I am sick of all the lies (my husband does not know) and I am surprised that I am not in jail for so much doctor shopping. I am tired of the moodiness, laziness, agitation, and basically it has turned me into a bad mother who yells at my little innocent kids and who has become a non approachable or loving wife. I have so much shame and hatred towards myself and I am tired of it, I want my life back. I was wathching that show "Celebrity Rehab" with Dr. Drew and one of the ladies on there mentioned the drug SUBOXONE, so I did a lot of research on the internet and decided to try it. Yesterday, after not taking any pills for 12 hours I went to meet the doctor and she started me on 8mg of Suboxone yesterday, and I am to take 12mg today, and 16mg from thereafter. I was happily surprised to feel much better when I took the Suboxone, it definately helped with the withdrawals from the pills except it gives me headaches and makes me feel hypers which I don't like but whatever. What I read about how you get addicted to suboxone I don't want to trade one addiction for another. I was wondering if I were to take Suboxone for 1 week to get rid of the withdrawals to pills will I have a bad withdrawal from suboxone in just taking it for such a short period of time? Would it help or matter if I were to take a less dose of it like 8mg a day as opposed to 16mg a day? I think I will be o.k. if I can get passed the withdrawals from the vicodin because that sucks. Also, why do people take Suboxone for a couple of weeks and then take pain pills again? I thought it would make them sick? and not work, that makes no damn sense. Please, if someone can answer my questions that would be great. Much appreciated.:ghug2
Old 12-05-2008, 02:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Biker

For me, I have come to understand and believe this, "When we use drugs in any form or substitute one for another, we release our addiction all over again."

It didn't work for me because I kept going back to my drug of choice, the whole replacement thing that is. I mean, how can an addict stop using drugs buy taking drugs?

Yes, withdrawals suck!! There's no arguing this. I, for one, do know this...you gotta go through some crap to get out of the shtty toilet before it flushes.
Total abstinance was the key to my getting clean.

Bottom line for me and countless others, get clean or die early!

What lengths are you willing to go to live?

Last edited by Jazzed_N_AZ; 12-05-2008 at 02:44 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 12-09-2008, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The High Sheriff of Hell

I still dont quite understand the question? So what you are asking for is if its Ok to use less than what the prescribed dose was to kick the pill habit yes?

Now let me explain this, in Narcotics Anonymous we have no doctors. Nobody has a right to answer a question like that without a patient history and the proper medical credentials. What we do have are people like me hopelessly addicted who came to meetings and with the help and inspiration found from those people in the meetings decided that kicking drugs was worth the return to a life worth living. I happened to kick in the rooms and with the help of the people who attended meetings and Im not the first to do it either. If you want to learn to "live the NA program" and do "live it" than we can promise you freedom from active addiction without a relapse.

If thats enough for ya then drop on in!

hey like my Avatar?
Old 12-09-2008, 10:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Hi Irishlass, Welcome to SR!

I think it's great that you've decided to do something about your drug problem. And coming to the NA forum for experience, strength and hope is never a bad idea. We've got plenty of that to share with you and welcome the opportunity to do so. I'm glad you're here.

Giving medical advice (basically, what you're asking) is not a good idea here. Although I'm sure there are numerous members here at SR that have been in your shoes, you might want to explore the Substance Abuse forum or peruse the site for threads on the topic of Suboxone. You'll probably find the answers you're looking for and may even hook up with someone in a PM (private message) that can be more helpful. This is the Step Study Forum and dedicated to the discussion of the 12 Steps.

I understand that, in NA, we have many members who have used drug replacement as a method to eventually find drug-free recovery. Many have "kicked" without. With (or without) the assistance of a trained professional, I'm hopeful you will find freedom from active addiction. Which ever route you take...always remember that our doors are open wide and you are very welcomed.

Keep coming back.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just started taking Sobexen (20mgs) a day too and it definally helps with the withdrawl symtoms. I was taking 30-35 Roxis (30mg) a day. I really feel that although this is helping me physically, I am so tempted to go back to my old ways. I'm really trying my best but I just don't know how I'm gonna recover... Please help
Old 12-12-2008, 09:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Have you tried a detox center? NA meetings?
Old 12-15-2008, 04:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Dear Irish, It doesn't matter what you imbibe. Alcohol or other drugs, smarties, maltesers, chup-a-chups, tim-tam's or tripe. If you just can't get enough or cannot stop without going into some kind of withdrawal or craving then it's my guess that you're addicted to that particular item. What needs to be addressed is this, "We admitted we were powerless over our addiction". So this means that no matter what your poison is, once you take it, the addict within awakens and will not rest until it's appetite is sated. We can only disempower the addiction by starving it with abstinence.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i have taken suboxone

hi Irishlass. I was addicted to lortabs for about a year and i finally went to a doctor to get on suboxone. At first they made me sick and gave me headaches. I quit taking them. Got on lortabs again and found myself reluctantly taking the suboxone again. The second time I took them I felt fine! I was on suboxone for a year and a half and gradually the doctor lowered my dose to come off of the suboxone. Unfortunately because of how expensive the visits and pills were I found myself at Christmas time unable to go to the doctor to get my scrip so i had to quit the suboxone cold turkey. It wasnt as bad as withdrawal from lortab but it was still alittle bad. I felt bad for about a month but honestly I should have kept up with the plan my doctor had given me instead of having to quit like that. Im not sure if you could take suboxone for a week or not. I know it has a certain schedule of how to get you off withdrawal and when. Normally the doctor will ask you how long you were taking and how much to be able to tell how long and how much of the suboxone to put you on. I know they use a certain pogram. hope this helps.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

test