Notices

My day in court

Old 11-06-2008, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My day in court

firstly, thank you to you all for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers yesterday as I faced going to court for custody of my almost 2 year old.

The judge signed our agreement, without even seeing us!! As a matter of fact, we didn't even have to go in front of her and I never even laid my eyes on her. I now have joint legal and joint physical custody of my daughter, on a temporary basis. Pretrial was rescheduled to January 27, 2009. A review will take place on that day as well. I hope my baby will be coming home full time around then.

But alas, the day was not without some drama. My attorney had subpeona's a bunch of records, from 2 doctors and our day care provider. Well my ex made sure that my DCF worker called the doctors to inform them that I didn't have any custody rights to my daughter, therefor I have no rights to the records!! I need all these records to show a pattern of medical neglect on his part since he's had custody of my baby for the past 4 months. Prior to this date, my daughter had never been medically neglected and no doctor's had any concerns with her, when I was taking care of all her medical needs. Since then, she has missed numerous appointments, was late on her shots, was sent to school so sick that she ended up having to be picked up and ultimately rushed to a major inner city hospital (while I was in the treatment center). My daughter was also born with a clubfoot. Since she was born, she has gone through a surgery, a number of castings, full time bracing, and then ultimately, the brace on only at night. My ex admitted to my DCF worker that he was not using the brace on her when I expressed a deep concern that her foot was obviously turning back in! None of this was going on when I had custody of her!!

It just blows my mind sometimes, that he would go to that length to try to make sure that these records are witheld from me as long as possible, because he knows he was wrong in his care for her. UGH. I do now have rights to her records, and we will have to resupeona that, but again, costing me more money!!

I'm trying not to let him and his actions rent so much space in my head. I needed to get it off of my chest. Another note for my God Box it seems!!

Anyway, thanks guys
Achanceonu
Old 11-06-2008, 04:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad things went well yesterday and that you will be spending more time with your daughter.

Try to stay focused on your recovery and taking care of your daughter. Yes, this will cost your more money to deal with the legal issue. But, try to consider it as part of the fallout of addiction (which most of us end up with) and try to move on.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Glad to see things are moving forward for you concerning your daughter!