Dinner

Old 10-26-2008, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dinner

So, both of my kids are coming for dinner tonight. The first time since my AH left at the end of June. My daughter has been here, but my son has not since that time. I have spoken with him, invited him, etc., but I was the bad guy cause I didnt' want to be with Dad anymore.

I am nervous, excited and scared. How nuts is that. It's my son and daughter. Our seperation agreement states that the kids are supposed to spend their time 50/50... not happening. Dad is hanging on to them like a vise grip. I really think the kids are afraid to leave him alone. They need two parents... especially when one is an addict for god's sake.

Man, I know I made the right decision to save my life and get out of the marriage, but it is one rough road without the kids. Help me to be strong. Support and advice welcomed! Thanks!
Old 10-26-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know how old your kids are, but the only advice I have is don't dis dad, however old they are and whatever he's done. (You knew that anyway, I know)

Enjoy having your kids there, and have a great evening.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Imallright

I have to wonder how parents survive teenage years, even without addiction and chaos! You're doing great, and how wonderful they're both coming this evening.

Whatever happens, it's a step - remember that. Every step (forward) counts!

I wish you a wonderful evening!

(((hugs)))
Old 10-26-2008, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

It's all going to be okay.
Don't discuss anything that doesn't concern them.

Just enjoy your evening, no need to be scared, or nervous.

Hugs, you'll be fine.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Would that it were true. Here I sit, crying again. They ate dinner and left. My daughter was looking for a fight. She started accusing me of doing things I had not done and then proceeded to tell she wasn't staying and left with her brother. I am convinced that he came with her to simply be a show of support for her.

I called their Dad and of course, he had nothing to do with it. He made them come over, even though they didn't want to. I told him he ruined my life. I let him, but he ruined my life. A step forward maybe... but once again I am alone and broken hearted. It is a sick and crazy world. Sometimes it is just not worth the fight. Not sure why I am here and what purpose this is all serving. What in the world is God trying to teach me, tell me, let me see... cuz I don't get it.

Help me.