Notices

What is a Forty?

Old 07-23-2003, 06:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

What is a Forty?

I overheard my 15 year old and his friends discussing buying a "forty." They also mentioned an "eight." Does anyone know if these are drug terms and what they mean. Thanks from a concerned mom. Chris
Old 07-23-2003, 06:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
kaduceuskitty

Might help?

From what I recall from my younger days.... a "forty" is a 40 ounce of beer (a common big bottle way they are sold)... Now an "eight" I don't know.... It MIGHT bea reference to "eight-balls"? Which is the method of dosing out cocaine for sale (into eight-balls=8 grams).... I hope you get to the bottom of it all my dear... Good luck! And THANK you for caring enough to question him...

~G

Old 07-23-2003, 07:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Chris - a "40" is also a term for a "40 pounder," - meaning, an awfully big bottle of spirits. An an "eight" usually refers to an "8-ball" or an 1/8 oz of coke. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - hope you can get to the bottom of what's going on.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks!

I appreciate the information. The boys claimed they were joking, but I am alert. I already drug test my son based on one known experiment with drugs.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

I believe a "40" refers to a $40 bag of pot - as this is what my hubby refers to it as. The "8" however, is an "8 ball" which refers to cocaine.

I wish you MUCH luck as my hubby is currently battling a pot addiction after he previously conquered coke. I'm not sure which is worse - believe it or not!

Nessa
Old 07-27-2003, 04:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

a "40" can mean many different things, coke, beer, crack, pot but i would deffinately say that an "8" means coke. Please for both your sakes sit your son down and have a talk with him, and if you still feel that your not completely satisfied with his answer, you can always go to your local drug store and buy an over the counter drug testing kit.

my prayers are with you. let us know how it all works out

Bernadette
Old 08-02-2003, 06:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

a 40 is a bottle of beer. Its currently cool among young people to drink them.

I think you might have heard your son say an "eight", now while everyone on here is thinking that you kid is buying Coke or Meth, depending upon his age its probably more likely that he's buying an 1/8th of an Ounce of Marijuana.

If anybody else needs any help with all the "new fangled" slang just give me a holla.

FBDinNJ
Old 08-11-2003, 04:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yes a forty is a forty ounce of beer and an eighth can be an eighth of shrooms or an eight ball of coke but i think they probably were talking about shrooms..jackie
Old 12-21-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know this thread is way old but I want to comment anyway for new people who happen to find this through searching for things.

Buying a "40" almost ALWAYS refers to a 40oz beer: those giant cans you see in convenience stores for a couple dollars. This is not a popular drug term.

An "eight" can mean any number of things, but if you're hearing it from a 15-year old, my guess is he actually was talking about an "eighth" which would be a small quantity of marijuana. Typically the term for cocaine would be "8-ball" and I've never heard it abbreviated: "8-ball" sort of just rolls off the tongue.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

An eighth and a forty were two words I used often when I was that age! It would be a good evening if we could get both! I highly doubt hes buying 8 balls of cocaine! Thats like 2-3 hundred dollars worth.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

we drank 40's a ton back in my teen years, used to love the 40's of mickeys! NO MORE THOUGH!~
Old 12-21-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ha, 2003!
Would be interesting to see what this kid is up to 10 years later though!