Little off topic, Myspace

Old 10-20-2008, 06:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Little off topic, Myspace

I have been trying to move on a little. I signed up on Myspace and so far it isn't that good. I have try a few times to make friends but it doesn't seem to matter. I get more spam from HOT WOMEN wanting to date me. It's a joke.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is what you make of it

I use MYSPACE to get in touch with old high school friends and such. Gee I dont even get the Hot people who want to date me, lol. I have had some pretty good luck catching up with old friends though.
Maybe you want to start with "old" ones then try to aquire some new ones.
Good luck Amp.
You can pm me anytime just to chat if ya'd like :ghug3
I dont have very many friends myself since i have been isolated for 13 years.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have met some terrific people by volunteering. There are a lot of resources out there - but one I like is dosomething.org. If you think you don't have time for it - volunteer the same amount of time you'd spend surfing myspace!
Old 10-20-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm on myspace quite a bit, my work, my friends back home, my family, etc. PM me and I will send you a friend invite. I stick to the folks I know and keep my page private. I should warn you I have a very twisted sense of humor though. If you post a survey just remember I am Jessica Rabbit, not really bad, just drawn that way
Old 10-20-2008, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have had the greatest luck by doing the things I love to do.

Other people I meet there will have built-in similar interests

Example: I helped build trails with the forest service one year, and met a slew of down-to-earth, funny, hard-working people of both genders. I traveled to places I'd always wanted to go, and in the hostels and hotels I met people who had ALSO always wanted to go there. I take classes in things I'm interested in, and always end up finding somebody that I can relate to.

Volunteering has worked for me too. Think of it as pre-screening people: where would you most likely bump into people who have common values, interests, styles, etc.? Where are your kindred spirits hanging out tonight, right now? For me, they're probably not on myspace, not in a bar, dating service etc.

Good luck, amp.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

I also have myspace. I get alot of punk guys saying I'm hot or sexy but I just delete their comments and I never add them. They gross me out. I only add my good friends or bands I like. You can also add me if you want. PM me. Myspace is ok but yea it's not really happening or busy like this board. Their games arcade is really fun though. Have you tried that?