Sickness?

Old 09-25-2008, 06:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Sickness?

This is probably a stupid question but does your A's tend to be sick alot? It seems my ah is constantly getting sick. He smokes cigerettes but I swear every other month he has a bug.
I thought alcohol was supposed to be like formaldyhide or something.
Is this normal?
Old 09-25-2008, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My RAH is sick a lot as well. I give him so many vitamins that help. My RAH tends to be "sick" when his depression is bad. Good luck. It's frustrating I know.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Studies show that smokers get sick more often and stay sick longer. Alcoholics are further compromising their immune systems -- my smoking XABF got sick almost constantly, it seemed.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Thank you cem001. I guess his body is run down. I wish he'd take care of himself.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My XAGF would tell me her back hurt all the time on the left side. Or her stomach was just upset. When she stopped drink for about 3 weeks, those seemed to go away.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds all to familiar to me. My XABF had some sort of "ailment" all the time. Either a migraine, his body hurt, he was depressed or he "felt like he was catching something". Those were all his excuses for missing work or going in late......until finally they fired him.
In the heights of my codie ways, I started marking the calendar with all his absences and it was quite clear there was a pattern. Thank goodness I don't go there anymore! ha
Old 09-26-2008, 06:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My father was always sick like that when he was actively drinking. he also smoked. I remember him being sick a lot-- there was Dad's "sick" which meant Dad's SERIOUSLY hungover which was a thrice weekly black cloud event and then there was Dad's sick - which was like a monthly or every other month illness- usually bronchial, chesty type thing...and while he was actively drinking he had a lot of weird serious heart issues that went away after he stopped...

One of my A brothers is sick a lot - he is thin as a rail (as was my Dad), never eats. Another A brother is like some kind of half horse/half man!! He never gets sick, he never stops, he never misses work, etc.... (yet).
B.