Notices

Anyone Take Celexa?

Old 09-24-2008, 10:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone Take Celexa?

Hey everyone. I just started taking Celexa & would like to hear others experience on it. I was previously on Lexapro (6months) which seemed to work but I can no longer afford it.

tiburon
Old 09-24-2008, 11:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ha, me too. Funny, I was on Celexa from 2004-2005. When I bottomed out again in 2006, Lexapro was the shiny new drug and I started on it. Now I'm back to Celexa. We are still trying to figure out the dosage- I just started less than a week ago and it's not an exact dosage ratio of 2:1, but it's very nearly the same drug, from what I've read.

Dunno if it's placebo but I'm experiencing mild stomach upset. Could be the drug, could just be nothing.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

It works good for me without side effects good luck
Old 10-08-2008, 04:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have been on Celexa for over 5 years. It helped me tremendously and no side effects.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Celexa helped me for several years. I was taking 60 mgs of it when it stopped working - we added Wellbutrin which helped for a while, then not so much.
I switched to Paxil several months ago and it's been working really well.
I experienced no major side effects with either of these meds.

BTW Celexa is considerably more expensive here in Canada. Paxil is very inexpensive in comparison.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

I take Celexa. I have for for awhile now. They work a LOT better now that I am not drinking. I have no side effects but I take it right before bed. It made me a little sleepy when I took it during the day. The first two weeks my stomach was upset, but no problems since.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh me too, ttosbt. Lexapro did the same. I would take it in the morning and be falling over in class! Taking it at night, I haven't had that issue.

My stomach upset calmed down. My heart did start racing on Monday but there was so much going on that day, I'm not ready to blame the med. I think it was just the day. No recurrences since.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dismember

I just went on it. I've been having terrible yawning spells and feeling a bit fatigued, but that's it. Much nicer than other medications I've been put on in the past.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Celexa was way too sedating for me, but it worked very well when my pdoc combined it with a small dose of Wellbutrin. Then we realized that Lexapro was cheaper than taking two meds, so I switched.

Like SelfSeeker, in my case I also noticed that the ratio is not exactly 2:1 either. Remember that it's not always necessary to take higher doses of SSRIs to achieve good results, so work with you Pdoc to find a good balance. Good luck