Notices

Blood Pressure

Old 09-19-2008, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blood Pressure

My blood pressure has been hovering right around 140/95 for the last year. I knew it was from the alcohol, but of course didn't stop. I have not drank for 9 days and when I took my blood pressure today it was 119/75! I was absolutely shocked! I haven't seen those numbers for a long time. It really is true about alcohol and blood pressure...another good reason to stop the insanity!

Have a great weekend!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Same here Eclipse...I've seen 150ish/105ish. Scary! Now it stays around 115/75. Only took a few weeks of no alcohol, doh!

I knew it was the steady drinking but used every excuse in the book on myself.

As Bill Cosby once said, "The mind is a terrible thing!". So true LOL.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I had been on a mild BP med for ages
and after sobriety...I no longer needed anything
to stay in the safe range.

While it's not true for everyone....it has been for me.

Sobriety is just healthy!!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today is day 60 for me with no yeast excrement, and I just got back from the store where I took my BP on one of the store display models. I took it two times about 10 minutes apart. The first one was 110/72 and the second 102/75!! Yeah. I had been (semi) diagnosed with hypertension before and had a BP while drinking of over 140/100. I'm very happy to be "normal" in this case (I tend to shun normality, as I view it as an excuse not to be an individual). Yes, drinking is a cause of hypertension among a host of other health problems/ailments.

Good luck and good health.

BMUS
Old 09-20-2008, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It still just amazes me the power of alcohol and the things we will let it do to us just so we can be miserable. Along with the lower blood pressure I also slept ALL NIGHT last night! I couldn't tell you the last time I did that!

Beam me up: I am interested in the yeast thing. Is that from the drinking? I have had a horrible time with my ears being mildly infected and have read somewhere that it can be yeast?
Old 09-20-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
It still just amazes me the power of alcohol and the things we will let it do to us just so we can be miserable. Along with the lower blood pressure I also slept ALL NIGHT last night! I couldn't tell you the last time I did that!

Beam me up: I am interested in the yeast thing. Is that from the drinking? I have had a horrible time with my ears being mildly infected and have read somewhere that it can be yeast?
Umm, I'm kinda lurking around here right now as I'm tired but not sleepy. Thus the quick reply, hehe.

As for "yeast excrement", I stole that phrase from Kurt Vonnegut, my favorite author. Obviously, we all know what excrement is. Yeast is the beast which in the fermentation process excretes, among other chemicals, alcohol. Thus "yeast excrement" is simply a rather un-appetizing way of referring to our common Achilles-heel, if you'll excuse the mixed metaphors. Without yeast, who knows what we would all be doing right now? (That's it--blame it all on the one-celled organism!)

Hope your ears get better.

BMUS