Notices

Back from Dr. / Thanks Everyone

Old 09-04-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back from Dr. / Thanks Everyone

Hi guys, I won't be on long. I'm back from the foot Dr. I'm such a ninny with my fears. Nothing bad happened. I do have a fungi infection in my toe and he told about some medicine to get at the drug store and I have to file my nail once a month. I also have to buy a whole new wardrobe of shoes. He said i wear my shoes too tight. So that's a good thing and i not even a shoe person like a lot of women are. LOL

There is a prescription drug out there for people, but he doesn't want me on it where I'm a recovering alcoholic. He doesn't want it damaging my liver were you would have to be on it for over a year.

So anyway, it will be a year he said before my nail improves and he wants to see me again in a few months.

Thanks everyone that chatted with me this morning with my fears (GT, Ananda, Iloow, K). That's why I'm scaredykat. My fears sometimes gets the best of me. I think that will be a character defect I'll have a hard time getting rid of.

Barb
Old 09-04-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey scardy!!!!! I'm so glad it went well....Yeah the fear thing is the root of all of my stuff.....or a craving for "safety"...same thing

You know real courage is about just going through it EVEN if you do it crying, sobbing, hysterical and with NO dignity and grace

so you are brave...you just don't know it yet!

:ghug3
Old 09-04-2008, 12:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Barb)))

Glad it turned out to be nothing serious. Those fungal infections take a LONG time to get over, but they do eventually go away. Dad was on the prescription you're talking about, but said it was too expensive, so they told him of a cream to get and it worked, just took a while.

Good for you for working through your fear!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-04-2008, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Glad your ok
Old 09-04-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Glad to hear you're OK Barb and that it's not more serious. I understand your fears, most of us deal with them in one form or another.

I've dealt with toenail issues for years, in my early 20's I had ingrown toenails operated on, since then I've got to be very careful about taking care of them or I'll have a repeat. I remember trying a medicine for the infection, probably similar to what you're using and I had to notch my nails to get them to grow correctly.

Way to go on being strong! Sending lots of hugs your way.....
Old 09-05-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Psst..I know how petrified you were. I'm so glad it went well and you got home without a horror story. I'm such a scaredy kat, I almost didn't read your thread. You're not alone in your fear over anyone that slices people open for aliving. Okay. That's just not natural.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks again Guys. I wish I wasn't so fearful with things in life. I have so many fears (not just Dr's) I could write a book.

The medicine I'm using is called "Fungi Nail". It looks like clear nail polish. LOL

I'm going shopping this afternoon after lunch for new shoes.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Awesome Barb! Glad to hear that things are ok and it sounds
like you have an awesome Doctor there that cares about your recovery!

And

Pssssssssssssst.....It is ok I like to be a "ninny" sometimes too!