Notices

Hi. I'm on HOUR 6!!

Old 09-02-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi. I'm on HOUR 6!!

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say how glad I am to have found this forum. I have been drinking wine every day for the past several years. Each day I need more and more and I am now to the point where I don't enjoy it, it is causing problems and I am sick of lying to myself. This is HOUR 6 because I got up at 5:30am!!

I usually have my first glass around noon but have started as early as 10:45 am. Actually Noon until bedtime will be the hardest for me. I usually initially feel more productive after a couple of glasses. Anyway...I guess you can say today is my day. My problem has been that I wake up in the mornings and say it is my last day, then come lunch I am on autopilot...get myself a big ole cup of wine. White, red, whatever. I don't know what clicks in my mind to justify the first glass. then the next, and the next, and the next.

For the first time, though, I think I am finally getting honest and realize that I can't do it alone, and I truly do have a problem. I have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful, supportive hubby of 19 years. They all want me to quit. Until recently, I really haven't wanted to quit but now is the time.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, after reading many of your stories, I am SOOOO glad I found you guys. I don't feel so alone in the fight. Your support will be greatly appreciated!!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am with you sister. Just keep thinking about it even in minutes and how empowering it will be.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job! I am right there with you! We can do this! I realized last night that the wine didn't even taste good, but I finished the bottle anyway...enough of that

This is my Day 1 too! I got up at 6:00 so I am on 2.5 hours. I usually get the urge around 4:00 in the afternoon...but not today...not even going near the store.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is also my day one. Like Eclipse, the wine I'd had didn't even taste good! Tasted like wood and yet I drank the whole dang bottle.

suz...you're going to do great! Every single hour that you don't drink your pride will increase and you will think to yourself, "I CAN do this!!!". You will see the pride on your family's faces...you will feel more energy...you will sleep better....you are just going to experience so many things, almost for the first time. I'm excited for you!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So So glad you are here...yes, you can do this and you don't have to be alone. :ghug3

It is wonderful that you have family support as well. Just post and post and post your way through the lunch hour and afternoon. We are here to help you any way we can. Planning some activities that will keep your mind off drinking this afternoon will probably help. Sounds like your family would support you having a change in routine for a while to help you.

Glad you are here!!!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
One Day at a Time!

Me too

I am currently on 5 1/2 hours sober. And in an hour, I'll be sitting in my 2nd AA meeting. My hands are shaking, my head is pounding, and I feel like a nervous wreck. I'm not a nervous person, I always take things in stride. But I know I can't keep running to the beer store everytime my alcohol level gets low. So today, I start trying to learn how to do it the right way.

Good luck to you! I hope you have all the strength I hope I have to make it 24 hours tomorrow morning at 5:30, when I wake up.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Yeah Twin & Suz!
You can do this!
I am also a wife, mother and ex-wino. I have been sober for 116 days todays and if I can do it, you can too!
PM me if you need to talk. You alone can do this, but you can not do it alone :ghug3

Last edited by TTOSBT; 09-02-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

We certainly support you in your desire to get and stay sober. Come here and post when you want to drink and we'll try to help you not give in.

Welcome to a great place for support!

:ghug3
  # 9 (permalink)  

I responded on your other thread suz but wanted to say Welcome again!!!
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Suz,

I'm glad you found us!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow. Thanks for the good wishes. I haven't been to an AA meeting yet. Good for you, Twin, for going for it. I'm already feeling a bit shaky too and my head is starting to hurt BUT I am sure it will be worth it. I'm sure you guys haven't heard the last of me today.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

suz, hehe. I meant to post to you and posted to Twin as the post was right above mine. Anyway, welcome and I am rooting for you!!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

De toxing alone from alcohol can be dangerous for some
It's always wise to check with your doctor
However...
here is a link with information and some of our experiences

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

Glad you are here with us...Blessings to you and your family
Old 09-02-2008, 09:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR
Old 09-02-2008, 10:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hope you are up to 8 hours now. I am starting to shake a little only my left hand. I usually don't have anything to drink until after supper and compared to what I have been drinking as of late, last night was nothing in having 6 nips. I hope tonight I can get through it as I did the night before last night.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Not sure how I managed to start TWO threads. Oh well. Thanks to all.

I am not feeling so great. I think a cup of coffee may help with the head exploding feeling. Then I have to pick up the kids and do the whole afternoon thing. This is when it gets a bit stressful for me. By the way,Dancing Girl, I eventually switched to Black Box wine since it is more difficult to tell how much you drink. It's equivalent to 4 bottles but I can usually go thru it in a couple of days. It makes it easier to (lie) tell someone how much you have had if they happen to ask you (oh, I had a couple glasses (plastic cups filled to the top! I am not looking forward to feeling bad for the next few days.

I will keep you all posted.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Actually at 9 hours now and feel a bit shaky but not too terrible. Mostly a little anxious but really feel like I will make it thru today.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Suz,

I merged your two threads into one, so everything is in one place.

Hang in there!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey suz,
Drink a LOT of water and start taking a daily vitamin and a B12 extra. Also, if you were like me, you had no interest in breakfast. Try to eat some protein in the mornings and take care of you. Keep HALT in mind.
Do not let yourself get too..
H ungry
A ngry
L onley
T ired

This will be when you want to use. Be nice and easy on yourself this first week or two and change of your routine.
:praying for your strength and happiness
Old 09-02-2008, 12:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

yay for Suz
Stay with us it really does help
Ang