Notices

Newbie Today,

Old 08-30-2008, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie Today,

I'm not sure how this works, I used a forum to Quit Smoking and have done very well, but just trying to understand this program is a little bit harder. Is a Thread the same as a New Post? I don't know. I am here because I need the help to recover from alcohol abuse.

Can anybody help me.

Cadie51:praying
Old 08-30-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cadie, welcome to this forum. It isn't much different that your smoking forum. I got my start in a forum to quit chewing tobacco and I'm over a year off that stuff. It'll take you a bit to find your way around and the ebb and flow of things but it should be similar. Like a lot of forums many are here to hear themselves talk, but for the most part people are eager to help you in your journey to quit. I sent a few private messages out to certain people early and I found I look forward to having a more personal less general messages to read.
In regards to your alcohol abuse, I don't know your story. That fact that you are here though is a good sign that you probably do have a problem. The most important part is that you recognize it and that you've made the decision that it is time to quit. We lose way too many because they leave themselves an opening or excuse to go back to their ways because they weren't really committed in the first place. I hope you've made that decision in its entirety and if you haven't I highly suggest you do.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

me too

I'm a returning newbee. I keep hearing "one day (or hour/minute) at a time" and "get to a meeting"; the answer is different for everyone. I always hear something at a meeting or read something on this forum that sticks with and becomes part of my tool box, the thing I need to do the most is to surrender my power because I really don't have any; and it is hard for me as I am stubborn and don't like to ask for help. My next big step is to end my silence at meetings, I believe that I need to open up if I am going to succeed. If I can accept the hand that is offered and hold on tight I too can have what the others have, soberity is within my reach.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Exclamation Thanks!

Thank you Hills, and Paddys,

I do have the desire to quit, I have to quit. Not because of medical, Legal or other such reasons execpt for my self.

I can do my job during the day, but loved my wine at the end of the day. It' s been 8 years I have lived this way and also live with an Alcoholic. Just as quitting smoking was my quit, so shall this quit of drinking. Please just everybodys be there because I am doing this cold turkey, but with the help of the forum.

I can not let my boss or company know of what I am doing.

Thanks

Cadie 51sorry
Old 08-30-2008, 01:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 08-30-2008, 01:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

Big hello and welcome, Cadie, from the U.K
Old 08-30-2008, 02:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome ...

Have you ever de toxed from alcohol alone before?
It can really be scary and perhaps dangerous.

Glad you found us..
Old 08-30-2008, 03:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Wing Nut

I'm new here myself, but welcome!
Old 08-30-2008, 04:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to the site, Cadie! So glad you found us. Stick around and keep posting.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

PLease do be safe while detoxing. Maybe talk to your doctor about it. However you do it, please be safe. I've stopped drinking and started back up too many times to remember, but I know the first few days were the hardest for me to get thru. Once I got thru the first three days I started feeling more human.

Come here and read and post. There's a 'sticky' at the top of the alcoholism forum titled: Quiltting, what to expect, what we did. And it has lots of info and experience and suggestions for getting thru it.

Welcome to the site! The people here have helped me get and stay sober. Thanks to my friends here I'll have seven weeks sober tomorrow! It would have been a lot harder, and not as much fun, had I done it by myself.

Welcome!:ghug3
Old 08-30-2008, 06:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR