Who's in your front row?

Old 08-26-2008, 01:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Who's in your front row?

I dug this out of my files. It really spoke to me today...

Life is a Theater... Invite Your Audience Carefully!

Not everyone is healthy enough to have a front row seat in our lives. There are some people in our lives that need to be loved from a DISTANCE.

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you let go of or at least minimize your time with draining, negative, incompatible, not going anywhere relationships or friendships. Observe the relationships around you.

Pay close attention. Which ones lift and which ones lean? Which ones encourage and which ones discourage? Which ones are on a path of growth uphill and which ones are going downhill? When you leave certain people, do you feel better or feel worse? Which ones always have drama or don't really understand, know or appreciate you?

The more you seek Quality, Respect, Growth, Peace of Mind, Love and Truth around you...the easier it will become for you to decide who gets to sit in the front row and who should be moved to the balcony of your life.

Remember that the people we hang with will have an impact on both our lives and our income. And so we must be careful to choose the people we hang out with, as well as the information with which we feed our minds. We should not share our dreams with negative people, nor feed them with negative thoughts.

So, I ask the question.... Who’s in YOUR front row?
Old 08-26-2008, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome post - thank you so much for this. I need to start a "recovery" folder and put these gems in it.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I need to start a "recovery" folder and put these gems in it.
Callie,

That's what I have done. I copy and paste and have a big folder on my computer with a lot of recovery and positive affirmations etc. I go back to that folder often !
Old 08-26-2008, 05:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm choosy about whose in my front row seat these days. We've moved a few times and that is helpful when I need to let a relationship fade gently away.

If I am doing all the work to stay in touch...if I am doing the phoning, writing, sending cards stuff...there comes a time when I figure it should be a two way street, at least most of the time.

Negative people, toxic people, gossips and those who I just don't have anything in common with...they're the easy ones to let go of.

The friends I have today are pure gold. They love me warts and all and I love them too. They understand who I am and where I've been and stay friends along the way. I even have a few "earthling" friends who know nothing of addiction or how it affects families and they at least find me "interesting" if not peculiar and are great to escape with.

Great thread, Cats, you can sit in my front row any day
Old 08-26-2008, 05:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for this!

I sent it to my mom...... and this was her reply....

"Frankly, I only deal with front row people. Now, some of them might drain me emotionally and physically, but life is more than just dismissing people if they aren't up to what we want. This is the trouble with people today - more and more they want to find excuses for escaping RESPONSIBILITY. "

My father tells me I am much like my mom. Only difference is that I like to think I judge less and have more compassion - which actually hurts me - but also makes me the person that I am!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

This is a good one! Thanks!