Monday, August 18, 2008

Old 08-18-2008, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday, August 18, 2008
You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Valuing this Moment

Detachment involves present moment living - living in the here and now. We allow life to happen instead of forcing and trying to control it. We relinquish regrets over the past and fears about the future. We make the most of each day.
--Codependent No More

This moment, we are right where we need to be, right where we are meant to be.

How often we waste our time and energy wishing we were someone else, were doing something else, or were someplace else. We may wish our present circumstances were different.

We needlessly confuse ourselves and divert our energy by thinking that our present moment is a mistake. But we are right where we need to be for now. Our feelings, thoughts, circumstances, challenges, and tasks - all of it is on schedule.

We spoil the beauty of the present moment by wishing for something else.

Come back home to yourself. Come back home to the present moment. We will not change things by escaping or leaving the moment. We will change things by surrendering to and accepting the moment.

Some moments are easier to accept than others.

To trust the process, to trust all of it, without hanging on to the past or peering too far into the future, requires a great deal of faith. Surrender to the moment. If you're feeling angry, get mad. If you're setting a boundary, dive into that. If you're grieving, grieve. Get into it. Step where instinct leads. If you're waiting, wait. If you have a task, throw yourself into the work. Get into the moment; the moment is right.

We are where we are, and it is okay. It is right where we're meant to be to get where we're going tomorrow. And that place will be good.

It has been planned in love for us.

God, help me let go of my need to be someone other than who I am today. Help me dive fully into the present moment. I will accept and surrender to my present moments - the difficult ones and the easy ones, trusting the whole process. I will stop trying to control the process; instead, I will relax and let myself experience it.

Loved this post today! :bounce awesome awesome awesome! We are where we are meant to be....was always a tuff one for me to actually believe when things came down on me like a ton of bricks! Today I know that "it was meant to be that way" and today I handle life on lifes terms and WOW...how good life can be if we allow it to be!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

THANKS! I needed to read this today!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks Rella. This is a great reading - and it reminds me to just do the next thing on my desk.

If you have a task, throw yourself into the work. Get into the moment; the moment is right.
Back in the crazy days when my world was hurtling out into orbit, I had a few strong recovery friends whom I called on a regular basis. I remember one (named Ann, but not OUR Ann ) who used to listen for a bit, and when I finally quit talking she'd ask me quietly "what's on the top of your desk?". It would stop me dead in my tracks. "HUH???" Whats the next thing on your desk? What do you need to be doing right now?

I stopped worrying about what he was doing or what was happening in our lives and all the things that could and probably would go wrong - and I did the next thing on my desk. And sometimes she'd have me do that and then call her back.

It works. And you know what? She was right.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Yup Cat she was right! There was a post in newcomers last week and someone telling someone to live in the moment-and this hit home today after reading that post-

My mom always tried to teach us to only live for the next 3 hours-I thought she was nutz and well she was right!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Rella! I needed to hear this today
Old 08-18-2008, 09:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Rella---
great post.
B.