Ready to explode

Old 08-15-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ready to explode

I feel like I cannot take one more thing. This volcano is ready to explode unless the tension is released somehow. I don't even know where to start. I have posted off and on for awhile, but I read often. So I am just gonna say whats going on right now.

My dad's cancer is back. He lives in another state. Shuffling people to take him to radiation, but kemo starts in Sept. No one to take care of him then.

My mom is having problems. Can hardly walk and move her arm lately and won't go to doc.

Daughters baby due anytime. Single. She's my fraile one who was always so sick as a child. On maturnity leave so no money coming in for rent ect.

Other daughter moved to be by sister and babe. So quit job for cross country trip which I just helped with. STaying with sis til baby. Three people and one baby (so far) and one large cat in a small apt.

Son visiting til baby, then heads to teach in South Korea at end of month. He doesn't speak Korean.

Sister with all types of problems and I'm the one she leans on.

I hate my job, low pay, crazy alternating hours, fill useless. Not much work lately so not much money lately. Limited job skills so can't get a good job.

Alcoholic husband is a jerk. He starts "pickin" at me after about 2 min. in a room with him. He is mean and rude to me even in front of others lately. Treats me like dirt. Then says I'm never there. (oh so many layers of my life, he kept me very socially Isolated for many years so now that I can get out I do) So much I can say about this but won't. But there is no way I can live with him this winter when he goes on winter layoff. I just don't have it in me anymore. but I don't know what to do. I want to be around my daughter and baby not across country and never get to see the grandbaby except for short visits. I want to be apart of his life. But my dad needs someone to stay with him, which will not be a good situation for me to live in.
And if I move, then I leave my hiking friends which are my only release from the chaos I live in.

I know, this sounds crazy rambling, but there is so much going on right now.I just feel like exploding. THis is a very short summary. Thanks for listening.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry for all of the trouble you are going through, it seems like so much. What is the most troubling thing? Perhaps you can start with that, address what that is and take baby steps toward possible workable solutions. Every journey begins with one step in the right direction, and maybe it just a matter of beginning to make changes and improvements for yourself.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I have too many competing issues/problems to deal with, I find it helpful to write them all down and then prioritize them. Since I cannot do everything I want or need to do at once, I have to find a way to prune the list down to those I feel I must do first or that I want to deal with most. Something has to give since I cannot do everything and everything is not my problem to deal with.

Perhaps figure out which things you must deal with, which things someone else needs to deal with, which things no one needs to deal with?