Notices

New Here

Old 08-13-2008, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post New Here

My name Is Amy & Im 21 years old & Im new here Im addicted to lortab & Morphine I have been for two years thats when my back started to hurt & the doctor put me on lortab then the pain got real bad last year & he put me on a higher dose of lortab & I started getting morphine from friends It makes me feel real good now Im thinking of getting help

I live with my parents & they dont know about this If they found out they would kill me

My bestfriend dan is with me now taken care of me cause im going through withdraws he doesnt do drugs & he has been helpful

I just dont know what to do

-Amy-

Old 08-13-2008, 05:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HI Amy and welcome to SR.

People with medical problems that are prescribed pain medication are very prone to becoming addicted. You bsee there is a problem and you knw you need help otherwise you wouldnt be here and needing a friend to help you through the withdrawals.

I know you think your parents will kill you if they knew, but I think they would be more upset to find out later that you were suffering and didnt think you could come to them. They would feel way way worse if God forbid something happened to you. Talk to them, atleadt think about it. Your young and addiction is hard to beat alone your going to need support.

Talk to your dr. and talk to your parentd. if you feel you cant speak to them to to the Dr about speaking to them.
This is your life were talking about
Old 08-13-2008, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Amy,

Welcome and good for you for recognizing you want to live a sober life.

It really is a good idea to talk to your dr to get his advice.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Welcome.

Probably best to get the problem out in the open and form a support system of people who care about you.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lovin life 1 day at a time

i am sorry to here about your drug use well at least you are going in the right direction sometimes pain is our best motivator thank god that you have someone helping you dont underestimate your parents nine times out of ten they already know but are afraid to face it honesty will get you far they wont kill you be disapointed and angry yes but you will find that they will be there for you you are not alone
Old 08-13-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Talking to your doctor is good advice. Please tell him/her what you've told us. Also NA meetings can be very helpful. I've recently quit drinking but never had any problems with pain killers so I can't speak to that problem, but please do tell your doctor.

:ghug3
Old 08-13-2008, 06:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

Hi Amy, and welcome. I hope you can find some help with this. Perhaps talk to your doctor to help. Most doctors do have some experience in helping someone detox off of medication and or alcohol.

I'm glad you have your friend there to help you with this. A good support person is so very important.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome to SR Amy! Glad that you are here and seeking support. As others have said it is best to consult with your Dr. for medical advice.

Please check out our other forums and the stickies at the top of the page, there is a
wealth of information and a lot of support in this site. Keep posting we are here for you.