Notices

i just need a friend

Old 07-15-2003, 01:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy i just need a friend

I am new to this sight and to recover.. I am not even sure I need help. I have been useing methamphetamines for the past few months. I lied about it to by b/f whom I love with all my heart. I know I will lose him If i don't do somethingnow. And I will lose myself as well. I have vecome irritable and cranky all the time.. or really depressed and upset. The only way to gain back the one that I love is to try and even then, what if he doesnt wait for me. And when will he know when the right time would be to take me back. I am so confused.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome

Please feel free to read and post here.We have several good forums,including NA and Women in Recovery.You'll find a lot of friendly and supportive people who understand what you are going through.You really can get your life back.Take care,

phoenix
Old 07-15-2003, 09:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jaclyn,

Im so glad you made your way here to Sober Recovery. Boy that meth can put you in a lonley place cant it. I lost my whole family because of my ex husband's meth use and sales. It is so sad, we were a happy family but the meth got him, and in turn our family was torn apart. I am lucky that I have never gotten into meth. It always scared me, but not to worry I got into plenty of other junk. Somehow meth seems to be so destructive though. I really hope you can find your way into the rooms of NA or AA or whatever works for you. Dont let this drag you down, and given enough time there is no doubt in my mind that it will. You sound so lonley and sad. You know what is nice though, you dont have to be alone and sad. You can make friends here, and if you ever do go to meetings you will find so much support there. So many who have the same story as you. It is nice to know we dont have to do this alone. Good luck to you and I really hope you hang around.

LG
Old 07-15-2003, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Using meth and lying to the ones you love? Yes, you need help. The fact that you have been using for only a few months as you say does not make it any less of a problem and if you keep using it will only go way down hill from here.
You say you are worried your boyfriend will not wait for you to recover?? Yes, that is possible. You MIGHT lose him. But if you keep on using you WILL lose him....not to mention yourself. I think you realize you are headed for trouble. Please stop now before it is too late. Well, it's NEVER to late to stop.....I just mean before you get in any deeper.

Take care and best of luck.