Notices

Advice Please...

Old 08-06-2008, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Advice Please...

So, for the past week, I've felt like I'm walking on pins and needles. I constantly feel uneasy. The thing is, I can't tell what's causing this. I've been on the Wellbutrin for almost a month now, so I guess it could be that (the doctor warned me that I might have more anxiety problems with this med). Or, it could be because this is the first full week of the school year, and one of my classes is overbooked by 10 kids, not to mention that my schedule is all screwy, I can't stand the guy that is supposed to be teaching the overbooked class with me, and all of this with no guarantees of anything being fixed any time soon.

So, how long would you wait before calling the doctor????
Old 08-06-2008, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

I am not sure if you mean literally "feel like you are walking on pins and needles" or if you mean it figuritively so I will respond to your question both ways.

Literally. When my serotonin levels get low because I have missed a dose of my anti-depressants, I get the feeling of numbness, tingling, etc.. in my feet. It also feels like the ground should be closer when I step than it is. It isn't a good feeling. But fortunately I have learned that I can not miss doses of my meds.

Figuratively. Uneasyness and feelings of walking on pins and needles could very easily be signs of increased anxiety. Welbutrin is known for creating or increasing anxiety in some people. There are many anti-depressants available so I would suggest speaking to your doctor as soon as possible. An anti-depressant should make things easier for you rather than leaving you feeling worse.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry. I should have made it more clear. I meant figuratively. I guess I wasn't sure if I'd be jumping the gun assuming that the Wellbutrin is the culprit of the anxiety, because this has been a somewhat trying week at work... hard to tell. But I'll be sure to call my doctor. Thanks.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Your welcome. I figured you meant figuratively but felt it was best to share on both. Welbutrin was a med that increased my anxiety. It is one I can not take.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

You've been on it a month. It normally takes 6-8 weeks for Wellbutrin to take full effect. And many people adjust to temporary problems associated with it. That being said, I personally, have to take a low dose; 100 mg, else I am having panic attacks. So, each person is different and only you can know. But, do give it some time.

I say this because you're also in a new school year with more than the normal difficulties associated with that time of year. Too many kids and another teacher who isn't working out add to anxiety too. So, it could just as easily be the combo of meds and situation. Once things settle, it'll work.

Do talk to your doc, though. That's always the best idea.

I wish you the best in your new school year. I start up on the 25th!

Shalom!
Old 08-06-2008, 06:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, I'm jealous lol... the kids started Friday. We went back last Monday. And the schedule still isn't right lol.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I've been on Welbutrin for about 6 months (may be 8). I take it along with a small dose of Prozac to help with the anxiety. From my experience, I'd say wait it out for a little while longer for the welbutrin to kick in. If it doesn't get better then call. Also, sounds like you're busy and have a lot on your plate. Even "normal" ; ) people get a bit amped up when they're busy like that.

Good luck to you and keep us posted!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I take Welbutrin also and it can at stressful times be too much. Maybe your dosage can be adjusted or another calming anti-d added....that is the best solution for me.

PS I felt it's effects the first day I took it!