Notices

new to this board

Old 07-13-2003, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new to this board

i have been useing some of the other boards but i dont think i have ever come to this one, WHY???? i am so tired of being called an addict that's there should be a law against anyone who uses those words while someone is recovering. my son has just informed me that i'm nothing but an addict and that's all i will ever be. this is all becasue i won't get off the computer so that he can talk to his friends. i just dont get it anymore. he hates it when i was out there useing and now that i'm trying really hard to keep it together all he wants to do is put me down for it.
anyone else going thru the ssame struggles??
Bernadette
Old 07-13-2003, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think for me it all depends on how the word is used.But no one has a right to put you down,especially in your own home.Hold your head high,look him right in the eye,and let him know that he is to treat you with respect

I had to figure out that most people will treat me the way I allow them to treat me.If the behavior is unacceptable,then I should not accept it.That's where "changing the things I can"comes in.I can't change the person,but I can set boundaries for myself.

Take care,and post here anytime

hugs

phoenix
Old 07-14-2003, 10:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

^^^^^^^^^^
What Phoenix said: People will treat me only how I will allow them
What is your reaction when your son usually does this sort of stuff to you? Do you curl up or do you stand up?
Far as the word "addict" goes, I would not appreciate me calling an addict everywhere I went but I do still remind myself that I am an addict and not to forget where I came from.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i never forget where i came from or where i can always wind up if i'm not careful, but to have it thrown in my face everytime i do or say something that he doesn't like isn't fair. i have tried and tried and now i'm just sick and tired of trying to make this kid understand. i absoutely refuse to give in to his tantrums anymore, there was a time that i would curl up in a corner and feel sorry for myself when he did this to me, and then there is the times when i fight back like a complete crazed lunatic, now i am going to take a different approach, i'm going to ignore him, i will walk away , i will walk out of the house ( or where ever we may be) until the whole situation cools off, but whatever i do i refuse to do to things and the first is to run out and pick up and the second is to give into him anymore.
Bernadette