Update on Ras

Old 07-10-2008, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on Ras

Just talked to mom and dad...

RAS has enrolled in a four-week CNA program. Or something along those lines... I can never keep all those levels of nurses straight. Whatever the bottom-of-the-todom-pole position is in nursing, she's training for that soon.

This is excellent because at least she finally has some kind of plan to get a job. She had been trying to find jobs in retail/restuarants, etc... but to no avail lately, probably because it's summer and those kinds of jobs tend to be less readily available during the summer when college students come home and want their old jobs back temporarily.

I have no real expectations one way or another...I cannot try to predict what she will or will not do anymore; I've learned that much. So I will continue to sit back and watch lovingly from afar. But it is good to know that she is at least thinking about her future... and actively attempting, for today, to do something about it.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for your sister. My daughter said that one of the reasons that she wanted to get clean was because she wanted to do something for her future. She wants to get into nursing too. She has always had the ability to make people feel at ease and she wants to help people. For now that is her dream as she has a ways to go before she can go to college-get a car, pay the damages she has done to her credit. But at least she is looking forward instead on lying in a bed stoned on heroin. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-10-2008, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah... and nursing is so perfect for her too. When she's not being spoiled, or relapsing, she is actually a very nurturing person. In fact, her ex boyfriend's grandmother calls ras on a regular basis for help with everyday things (she is a cancer patient who has not been given much longer to live, and her grandson is being a total ***** to her... sad situation).

I know she can do it... I just hope she stays strong. Please be praying for her!
Old 07-10-2008, 02:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for her! The one thing is, no matter where she applies for a job as a CNA, she will be drug tested, which she probably knows and it means she is thinking ahead in a good way.

There are a ton of jobs available for CNA's (certified nursing assistant) and it is a good start if she wants to become a nurse (I was a nurse for 12 years).

Sounds good!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-11-2008, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, love to hear good news!!

Nursing is a very forgiving profession. I have worked w/ many in recovery over the years. To keep what we have, we have to give it away! Plus, you can always find a job!!!

Great news,
susan
Old 07-12-2008, 07:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for your sister that she keeps moving forward in pursuing her dreams. And prayers for you that you keep moving forward in your serentiy and happiness as well.