Notices

Tired of counting days

Old 07-01-2008, 11:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tired of counting days

I've been struggling with sobriety for years. I've had sporadic months/weeks/days of sobriety but it doesn't last.
I've tried AA, SR, other support groups - but I don't think I put enough effort into it.
I'm not saying this to be a downer, just to let you all know my situation.

I'm here again because I need the support. No one in my home life understands what it is like to be an alcoholic. I'm sick to DEATH of hearing "just stop"

I'm kinda having a pity-party right now, so I'm gonna stop writing this - but I'll be around - reading posts helps me feel better!

:praying
Old 07-01-2008, 11:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I hate counting days too. It is like more pressure for me.
That I dont need.
To me "Just stopping".
Thats the easy part.
What I do after that is the hard part.
And effort helps.
I am right with you on that.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jen!

I can certainly relate with family/friends not understanding. I heard those same words over and over and over and over. What I would try to explain to them is unless they're in the situation, they can't possibly understand. and before I got as bad as I did (only it's pills for me, not alcohol - same thing) I couldn't understand how other people could let it take ahold of them. Until I got into it myself. I mean really, if we could just stop, wouldn't we?
But as long as you know it's a disease, and you're ready to start trying to fight it, that's all that matters. And if you can't get support at home, you'll certainly get it here. There's no way I would have in almost a month without the people on here.
I hate hearing that other people have to struggle too, and I hope things start going well for you soon!

and pity-party away........I have my own from time to time........unfortunately I'm usually the only one who shows up to them.....
Old 07-01-2008, 11:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Originally Posted by Klynn33 View Post
and pity-party away........I have my own from time to time........unfortunately I'm usually the only one who shows up to them.....
Yea..me too. No fun pity pottin by yourself. LOL.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Jen, nice to see you again. I can relate with not getting much support from people around me, although they mean well they just cant really help that much, we have to do this ourselves really.

As I recall, you live in the Seattle area, there should be a number of other recovery programs besides AA in that area, if I were you I would find out all my options, and then choose the one that seems like it would work. However, quitting takes an absolute commitment on our part, and making that commitment is the hardest part of getting sober imo. I still dont think I have made a 100% commitment, but it takes work.

Anyway, good luck and keep coming back!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Jen........Welcome back

I so hope this will be your time for success in recovery.