Notices

Hi, I am new here

Old 06-26-2008, 02:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, I am new here

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been reading your threads for awhile now, and just recently decided to join. My boyfriend and I have been together for many years. About 5 years ago we used drugs, mainly heroin and crack cocaine. Then, after having to be separated for awhile, we sobered up. When we reunited it was wonderful and we were both happy and sober and in love

Then, about 6 months ago, we started taking pain pills. Eventually that led to using heroin. We were very cautious since we never wanted to "get sick", however, some days we did. Then, we found the suboxone, which helped take the sickness away and helped us to work and live "normal lives". About 6 or 7 times in the last few months we ended up also smoking crack...something we swore we'd never do again!

Finally the other night was seriously the last straw. We went to get some heroin, and my boyfriend did his first in the car. He always "did" me second. After he did it, he commented on how good it was, and then closed his eyes and just sat there. I asked him to stop playing, but he wouldn't open his eyes. I started yelling and slapping him and nothing! Then I started beating his chest and noticed he was turning blue! I called 911 and proceeded to watch him foam at the mouth It makes me ill to write this, but I think sometimes it helps to let things out.

I found 2 strangers to help me carry my boyfriend out of the car and lay him on the ground. I proceeded to follow the operators instructions on how to administer CPR. It wasn't working Finally, the ambulance arrived and whisked him away into the back of the truck. I went back there a few minutes later and they revived him!!!

We rushed to the hospital, where I had to remind him what happened. I sat there in shock watching him recover. We both have been sick with disgust and fear for the last few days. We have not taken any heroin and have no desire to ever again. I'm sure you hear people all the time say I'm never doing it again. I have heard it too. However, I mean it, we will never do it again. We have still taken a few prescribed pain pills, but that is it.

I hope to come here and make friends, and to remain focused on staying sober and away from that deadly drug. I look forward to meeting you all. Thank you!
Old 06-26-2008, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, Thank you for sharing. I'm glad you found us...

Heavy
Old 06-26-2008, 02:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome to SR! GLad you are here..I'm glad he is still alive>but that is where drugs will eventually lead all of us---to an early grave. I'm an addict in recovery--one thing I've learned through my program is that "I never have to use again, no matter what!" I am grateful to be alive and to have another chance at life--I too OD awhile back....not fun>don't want to go back there. Again, welcome to SR! Hang in there! There is more to life than getting drunk/high--so much more....
Old 06-26-2008, 02:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you for the warm welcomes angelina, i'm glad you survived your OD too....which drug was it?

its strange because to soo many people we have the perfect life, including nice jobs, nice cars, nice house, etc. but to us, we almost slipped again, and thank GOD, GOD saved us this time
Old 06-26-2008, 02:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Welcome to SR, Lee. This is a great place full of very supportive people.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hannitized

Powerful! I wish you both the absolute best. I'm glad you're here.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome... this site is a wonderful place for support. If you ever doubt your decision to stop using again come back here and read this thread.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Thats one heck of a wake up call.
Some people..That is just a part of their addiction and carry on as usual.
Glad to see it made an impact on you and your boyfriend.
Hope to see more of you.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lee,

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lee, glad you're here.

All the best to you and your boyfriend.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Recovering Alcoholic/Addict

Lee, welcome to SR!

It all starts with a "I'm never doing that again", so now that you've said that, you are on the road. Your word is as powerful as anybody's, live by it and live with it. It will set you free.

Congratulations.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR Lee
Old 06-28-2008, 02:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you for the welcomes everyone So far we have kept our word, and Monday it will be 1 week that we have not done that dreaded drug......I notice as we get sober we are both more on edge and have been arguing a bit more....even despite the tramatic circumstances that just happened.....so today i'm a bit down and just feeling depressed....maybe later on or later this weekend i'll come by and read some more to lift my spirits and make some new friends

again, thank you, and you will see more of me here
Old 06-28-2008, 03:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Wooli

Wow, what a powerful story.

I have had OD once on Cocaine, fortunately it did not lead to me having to go to the hospital, but it was the scariest 3 hours of my life. I started to get heart palpatations, my left arm went numb and I couldn't stop sweating or being sick.

The second time was intended on Valium, alcohol, citalopram and chloripramine, luckily I passed out and woke up feeling stupid 6 hours later. That is when I sought help.

I know that the OD on coke stopped me messing with that rubbish and hopefully the other one will stop me drinking for my family and my son.

Welcome Lee.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Wow. Its when you read stuff like that you realise how fragile life is and how lucky we are to still be around.

Nice to have you on board Lee, wishing you all the best in your recovery.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Lee - so glad you're safe & getting away from that poison. I credit SR with saving my life. No one else understands what I go through like these people do. It's my safe haven - so happy you've joined us.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
Lee...you're in the right place to share your story. Not just for you're own healing, but as something for others to read and maybe take a closer look at themselves through. I hope you find some answers here...and there are most certainly people you can count on on this forum.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Wow! How scary for you! Glad you found us! Sheila
Old 06-28-2008, 03:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Glad you found us. Sounds like your irritablility is the fairly common side effect of detoxing. Just so long as both of you know that and don't take it personal, all should be OK. And that was NOT medical advice.

Stay with us and ask away with questions.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by LeeH View Post
I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been reading your threads for awhile now, and just recently decided to join. My boyfriend and I have been together for many years. About 5 years ago we used drugs, mainly heroin and crack cocaine. Then, after having to be separated for awhile, we sobered up. When we reunited it was wonderful and we were both happy and sober and in love

Then, about 6 months ago, we started taking pain pills. Eventually that led to using heroin. We were very cautious since we never wanted to "get sick", however, some days we did. Then, we found the suboxone, which helped take the sickness away and helped us to work and live "normal lives". About 6 or 7 times in the last few months we ended up also smoking crack...something we swore we'd never do again!

Finally the other night was seriously the last straw. We went to get some heroin, and my boyfriend did his first in the car. He always "did" me second. After he did it, he commented on how good it was, and then closed his eyes and just sat there. I asked him to stop playing, but he wouldn't open his eyes. I started yelling and slapping him and nothing! Then I started beating his chest and noticed he was turning blue! I called 911 and proceeded to watch him foam at the mouth It makes me ill to write this, but I think sometimes it helps to let things out.

I found 2 strangers to help me carry my boyfriend out of the car and lay him on the ground. I proceeded to follow the operators instructions on how to administer CPR. It wasn't working Finally, the ambulance arrived and whisked him away into the back of the truck. I went back there a few minutes later and they revived him!!!

We rushed to the hospital, where I had to remind him what happened. I sat there in shock watching him recover. We both have been sick with disgust and fear for the last few days. We have not taken any heroin and have no desire to ever again. I'm sure you hear people all the time say I'm never doing it again. I have heard it too. However, I mean it, we will never do it again. We have still taken a few prescribed pain pills, but that is it.

I hope to come here and make friends, and to remain focused on staying sober and away from that deadly drug. I look forward to meeting you all. Thank you!
Thanks so much for sharing such a sad, powerful, post of your life over this past year. very moving. rough. deep. you got a bit side tracked while the suboxone was helping you out it reads. looks like it really helped you guys and you know, if it works, try it again. And again. Keep getting help (like here!) and working your things out for the other problems that seem to f**k up the sub program. You can really move ahead if you get that physical hurting over with and work on your program to get it together. Slips happen but they can be fatal, as you so totally know. I have lost friends, to the damage done, and the hurt never really leaves let my tell you. We do get chances to manage our way through it though, so life goes on, and nothin wrong in that.

You came here looking for friends and you have most surely found them.

later.