Notices

Does this sound like depression?

Old 06-25-2008, 09:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does this sound like depression?

Symptoms:

-guilt (I'm feeling guilty about everything from not being able to help my parents save their home to feeling like I may have, in part, caused my sister to turn to drugs by not being a better sister when we were kids, and just about anything in between)

-always tired

-urge to cry, even when I have nothing to cry about

-paranoia about friends (that is probably not very well warranted...)

-an overall feeling of numbness

I think it's time to get back to my doctor.... but I hate going back to the doctor because then they'll see that I'm not losing weight because I'm not trying... ugh!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It COULD be depression, but it could also be the fact that you are taking responsibility for things you're not responsible for.

Nothing you've done could make your sister an addict....I became an addict despite being raised by loving and caring parents.

Back to the 3 c's, sweetie...you didn't cause it, can't change it, and can't cure it.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-25-2008, 09:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Amy! I can't tell you how much your support and kind words have helped me tonight!

*hugs*
Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

just giving back some of what's been given to me I think, for me, it helps to know I'm not alone in my thinking. I still get wrapped up in other people's issues, but I'm getting much better at getting "unwrapped" a lot faster....thanks to my friends here.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-26-2008, 01:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

Lady,

It could be depression, and Amy is certainly right about the 3 Cs.

But, before running to the doc for meds, ask yourself these questions.
Are you taking care of yourself physically?
Are you eating right and exercising regularly? Try yoga.

How about emotionally?
Do you give yourself positive affirmations? Do you treat yourself the way you would a friend? Do you do nice things for yourself?

Mentally?
When's the last time you learned something new? It doesn't have to be rocket science. What have you wanted to learn? A language? Music? Crochet? Painting? Do something to stimulate your mind.

Finally, are you taking care of yourself spiritually? Have you connected, or reconnected with your Higher Power/G*D? You may, but, don't have to go to your church, mosque or synogogue. Take an adult class there. Or read some literature. Become involved in the sisterhood section. Giving of yourself brings joy. Meditate too.

It's not easy to do all these things, especially if we are not doing any of them!
But, when I do them, I feel 100% better!
So, try to start doing something. Build upon success. I promise you'll feel better.
And then you can decide if you need to see a doc or not.

Shalom!