Notices

question...please help

Old 07-07-2003, 08:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

question...please help

Hi everyone, im new here and i have some questions. I am addicted to oxycontin and i generally take between 120-160 mg a day of it....horrible i know and i want to go to detox but i cannot do this because i will lose my career if i do this, i'll explain at a later time. Im here because i want help and to talk to people like me to offer support. I have access to methadone, not from a clinic...and i was wondering how i should dose, if i should, like how many mg should i start....i want to start tommorow in the morning before i go to work, so if you could please help that would be greatly appreciated....thanks so much and i look forward to talking to new people.

Bill
Old 07-07-2003, 11:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the boards. Unfortunately, no one here (I don't think), will be able to give you the kind of advice you are seeking. Those are medical questions, best answered by a medical professional. If someone were to try and advise you from here, and something bad happened, that would be a real tragedy.

I hope you are able to get some good medical advice, and get off the drugs.

Juls
Old 07-08-2003, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Juls is right,We can offer encouragement and support,but not medical advice.If you need treatment,you may want to do whatever it takes to get help.But that has to be your decision.Whatever you decide,keep posting.You might want to post on the NA forum as well.Read Pernell's post,"How It Works" at the top of the NA page.It's some powerful stuff.Take care,

phoenix