Check question

Old 06-09-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Check question

Just wanted to let everyone know that kids and I are doing just fine. They DID NOT go to see parents. I talked to everyone on ABF 's family and they agreed it was not a good idea. Whew. Didn't have to fight anyone.
Now I know that AD is gonna call soon again about their stimulas check. What should I do. Don't know how they will figure out how to get it to them, but should I go along and let them have it. It does me no good, cause it will be in ADBF's name. And I really don't want. But I was wondering if I should just not let them have it cause it will just go for drugs. Any suggestions?
Thanks all.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You could write return to sender on it. She's really not living there. Let her and the goverment figure it out.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Painter I was facing the same dilemma SP earlier. My boyfriend is the addict in my life and we have a two year old son. We have had a lot of rough times... Today I walk into my house and saw that we both got our stimulas checks. And for about a good 5 minutes I debated what to do... I was thinking do I not give it to him... or do I wait till saturday morning to give it to him cause I knew I would be able to watch him and most likely he wont spend it on drugs. I actually went into my bathroom sat down and thought to myself as in what am I doing.... am I really preventing anything that wont happen anyway cause when some one wants drugs they are resource full.... then I asked myself am I trying to control the situation?? I realized I was trying to control my abf. So I called him at work and let him know it came. For me its the right thing and keeps me out of the mess.

I hope your able to find your answer painter... many hugs to you!!

Hugs,
Jewelz
Old 06-09-2008, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I actually went into my bathroom sat down and thought to myself as in what am I doing.... am I really preventing anything that wont happen anyway cause when some one wants drugs they are resource full.... then I asked myself am I trying to control the situation?? I realized I was trying to control my abf.
Jewelz raises some great questions to ask yourself, I believe. It's true that no matter what, you are not going to be able to control their use. It sure would be nice if they signed the check over to you to help with supporting the kids, but I imagine that is unlikely. Perhaps you can think of it as one more piece of mail that your son needs to pick up. No need to help him by forwarding or dropping it off or anything like that, but not yours to control either.

This is so tough and especially with little ones involved. I am glad that their weekend wasn't disrupted. Sending continued prayers and positive thoughts for all of you.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is their check, give it to them. You can't control what they are going to do and you don't want them hassling you. Take care of you and those babies. Hugs, Marle