Tired and ....Overreacting

Old 06-06-2008, 05:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Professional Hanger On'er

Tired and ....Overreacting

Monday I get my grandchildren, Tuesday my son arranges to enter detox because he has lost his son and begged for help, Wednesday the mother of my grandchildren is invited to my home to meet with eight representatives of the court system and concerned caregivers to discuss a plan of care and my son is detoxing, Thursday the mother of my grandchildren gets her lip pierced and I return home from working four hours to find my family in tears because of the whole crisis, Friday I take a 12 week unpaid family medical leave from my current job and turn down a job with the government that I had already accepted and the mother of my grandchildren called to say she had burned her butt from staying in the tanning booth too long. I definitely need the support of this forum!:praying
Old 06-06-2008, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It would be hilarious if it were not so tragic. Addicts are so selfish. I can't imagine losing my children and my number one priority is to get a tan and a piercing. Remember to take care of you in all this chaos. It is so easy to lose ourselves and to build a lot of resentment. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-06-2008, 08:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Wenchris))))) I hope you are in bed, sound asleep and that the kids sleep in tomorrow so you can too. Family leave sounds like a good plan; right now you have so much going on. I hope it will give you some time to rest and figure out what is best for you. Hugs
Old 06-06-2008, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ummm, so not overreacting. I'd be LIVID! My lord, how old is this girl? 11? (No offense to 11 year olds.)
Old 06-06-2008, 11:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

(((Wenchris)))

Tired, yes. Overreacting NO. This has turned your life completely
upside down.

I hope you get some rest.

Hugs!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((hugs)))

That you managed to write here instead of completing the "tanning" is beyond me!

Rest and peace - I will send prayers for both to you!
Old 06-07-2008, 03:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
rozied

I would be livid. My son has his 2 children BUT has an ex similiar to yours. So at 61 my hubby & I are helping him. I watch my 2 grandsons every weekday from 5am until 5pm so my son can go to work. I also keep one of the boys overnite most weekdays.
What else can we do. The children are innocent & victims of a broken home. They are our grandchildren after all & we want the best for them.
I just pray everyday for God to give me strength.
It is good you could take a 12 wk family leave. I hope & pray things straighten out for you & yours soon,
Diane
Old 06-07-2008, 05:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are SO not overreacting!

I'm glad you got the family leave, but I hope you can find a way to get some sleep. I wish I lived closer.....I'd LOVE to babysit!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-07-2008, 06:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you Thank you all. The babies are beautiful and fun. I can do NOTHING right in my hubby's eyes because he is so stressed. It is good to have so much support on my planet of insanity. XOXO
Old 06-07-2008, 06:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We lose them to their remedies and yet we continue to blame their illness.

I cant really figure out what this means...can you explain? I think I get it but I'm kind of duh today
Old 06-07-2008, 11:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The things addicts do never cease to amaze me, even though I myself was a using addict once and just as self-centered, innapropriate and irresponsible, especially when I was a very young, using addict.

At least she showed up for the meeting with the court people. And thank God your son is going to treatment now. That's really good news.

Take the little ones someplace fun, that could also be good for you - like a lake or something - and try to relax a bit.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((Wenchris))) I am glad to hear your son is going to treatment. Have you and your husband gone to any naranon meetings for yourselves? It might help you to be able to focus on your own life abit. How many children does your son have & what are there ages? I hope things settle down for you.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
rozied

Dear Wenchris, My hubby has a hard time dealing with all of it too. He loves the 2 little ones but has no patience with their father.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My son has two, a month old now and 2 1/2. I have them as of last Monday.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh, here's an update. The son's girlfriend got a tattoo today! Then she called me to see if I would sneak the kids out to see her because she was soooo distressed and the tattoo hurt so badly. You are right Marle, it would be hilarious if it were not so tragic. I can only imagine how much fun the weekly parenting meetings are!
Old 06-13-2008, 02:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

At least in this insanity you are able to keep your hand off the gun...Where are her parents? Can you get any help from that side? When she calls again, remind her that piercings,tanning, and tattoos aren't free and than maybe the money would be better spent on helping to support her children...