Notices

Guilty As Charged

Old 05-23-2008, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Guilty As Charged

Yesterday marked the 18th day of sobriety for me and the first day of relapse. I was able to get my hands on some vicodin and took some yesterday. The feeling of guilt has overwhelmed me but I just can't seem to get rid of the rest of them. Like a dirty secret they sit tucked away in a "safe" place. I was feeling so good off of them. I know I am a better person when I am not taking them. Help me overcome this feeling of guilt.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

How about a meeting? And I agree, get rid of the stash.

There is always hope!!!!!! as long as we are still breathing, you reached out here for a reason.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dylfrog,
Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get your butt to a meeting and confess this in person. Do you have a sponsor you can tell? You did it for 18 days, so you know you can do the sober thing. Use this to build on and you can learn from a relapse.
kj
Old 05-23-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Yep, good telling on yourself to us. Now do it in person, k? oh and throw them out!
Old 05-24-2008, 12:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Everyone here has said it all. You'll have to feel what you're feeling...and remember how it feels the next time you think about wanting to use. Remember that it never gets better when you use...only worse. Remember how good it feels to NOT use. Secrets grow in the dark and die in the light of exposure. I applaud your honesty. Now do the next right thing: go to meetings and don't use NO MATTER WHAT.

Staying clean helps you to get over the guilt. Start today. Get rid of the stash.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
REZ

One of the first things I did when I got serious about recovery was to get ride of all of my drugs and paraphernalia. As long as that stuff was around, it was just waiting for me to use it again. I'm glad you're getting honest with yourself. Keep coming back and don't use no matter what.