Notices

Robitussin

Old 07-03-2003, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Robitussin

Does over-the-counter robitussin have any active ingredients that show up in a drug test?
Old 07-03-2003, 02:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

If you need coughmedicine look for something that don't have alcohol in it. Then you don't have to worry about a drug test.
Be Cool BikerBill8
Old 07-03-2003, 04:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Try a cough medicine other than Robitussen so that you don't have to drink alcohol. Robitussen may produce a false-positive as an opiate so there is another reason not to use Robitussen. Look for a cough and cold medicine in tablet form such as Coriciden.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ooh the old robitussin trick

i remember when i first used heroin...this guy showed me if u ever cant get dope and r sick do a bottle of robitussin..it will take the feeling away and u will get high..i just couldnt do it cause the taste made me wanna puke...maybe u do have a cold dont start chewing my head off cause u think im accusing u or sumthing...it just your post reminded me of that..but i dont know if it will come up but i think if like u drink it and then have the test a week later im sure you'll be fine..but if its like u take it and then have the test like the next morning u might have a problem...i hope u pass the test...Jackie
Old 08-14-2008, 11:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Robitussin shows up as Morphine on a drug test. It also shows as methamphetamine if you are tripping at the time you drop.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The active ingredient is dextromethorphane. You have to drink copious amounts of it to fail a drug test.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Retired Pro Drunk

It depends on what kind of Robitussin you're using.

Some has pseudoephedrine (sudafed). Some has alcohol. Some has dextromethorphan (DXM). Some has diphenhydramine (benadryl).

There are so many different formulations of cold medicines/cough syrup. Even under the same brand name, they can have different ingredients to treat different symptoms.

BUT - if you are using Robo to get high, I'm told that DXM is not detected in a UA. This is just anecdotal info though, and I don't know this for sure.