Notices

JFT May 19 - A Growth Inventory

Old 05-18-2008, 11:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

JFT May 19 - A Growth Inventory

May 19
A growth inventory

“We review our past performance and our present behavior to see what we want to keep and what we want to discard.”

Basic Text, p. 29

––––=––––

As each day winds to a close, many of us reflect on the past twenty-four hours and consider how we can live differently in the future. It’s easy for our thoughts to remain trapped in the mundane: change the oil in the car, keep the living room clean, or empty the litter box. Sometimes it takes a special effort to jog our thinking out of the daily rut and onto a higher track.

One simple question can put us on the high road: What do we think our Higher Power wants for us tomorrow? Maybe we need to improve our flagging conscious contact with the God of our understanding. Perhaps we’ve been uncomfortable in our job or our relationship, holding on only out of fear. We might be hiding some troubling defect of character, afraid to share it with our sponsor. The question is, in what parts of our lives do we really want to grow?

As each day ends, we find it beneficial to take some moments to spend time with our Higher Power. We can begin to reflect on what will benefit our program of spiritual growth most in the coming day. We think about the areas in which we have grown recently, and target areas that still require work. What more fitting way to end the day?

––––=––––

Just for today: I will set aside some time at the end of the day to commune with my Higher Power. I will review the past day, meditating on what stands between me and my Higher Power’s will for my life.

Copyright © 1991-2008 by Narcotics Anonymous World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Old 05-19-2008, 07:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Intersting how much fear has disappeared from my life! Today I have 4 months clean and I am not fearful any longer to try new things! This is a first for me in a very very long time, because today I am FREE!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is a great JFT...I love it. I constantly need reminding to do a daily inventory. Here's something that I'm doing now:
I have a half-hour commute home every night. I used to take that time to call friends and family or listen to talk radio or book tapes, but lately, I've been making myself be quiet and just think on the drive home. It's amazing what I get out of that half hour of thought/prayer. Perfect time to reflect on the day and take inventory. It has made me a better person.
kj
Old 05-23-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When I read this JFT I had for the first time since getting clean, just been able to see some of what the bigger picture might hold in store for me. Its a blessing and a relief. I have just submitted an application to study further so that I can improve myself. Its a big step for me to make and makes me so joyful that I now have a future and a bright one if I just keep working it & I am worth it.

Thanks for letting me share