Notices

Heroin Withdraw

Old 05-18-2008, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Heroin Withdraw

Hey you guys...I'll need to post this in parts. This board will only allow me to post short posts.

Hi. I'm here because my BF of 7 years has a heroin problem. He has the problem and I caught the mess. I posted my story in the Relatives and Friends forum. The post will give you history and tell you what's happening now. I am not able to post a link to the story because I don't have 15 posts so you'll have to find it.

(Moderator, can you post the link on this post?)
Old 05-18-2008, 06:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He OD'd on 5/15. We did the hospital thing and came home. (Read the post in the other forum.) He claims that he kept back one bag which he nursed for a few days. He says that he snorted it. He's out now and we have no dope in the house AND THERE WILL BE NONE IN THE HOUSE. He started feeling sick early this AM. He had a runny nose and said that he felt achy and crappy. He's been in bed for a while and he's very fidgetty.

How bad is this going to get? What can I expect? Also, will I be able to get him on suboxone tomorrow or will he be too much in withdraw to do suboxone?

What are his options? Will he get sick enough to need to go to the hospital?

I'm alone. There is nobody to help.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
An Addict name Jerome.......

"What are his options?"...............Not to use, if it takes going back to the hospital, then go. But his number one, and I think best option is to get intouch with your local NA, and start talking with other addicts that has lived thru what he's going thru right now. The question is what is HE going to do about his problem, and is HE going to ask for help.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome....

About how to post longer shares
use the Advanced rather than Quick
just keep typing when you get to the bottom of the window.

Also...make sure the box is checked on your log in feature.

And...here is the link you requested....

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pposed-do.html

Blessings to both of you

Last edited by CarolD; 05-18-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The withdrawals will get worse before they get better from this point. You need to draw a line too. Tell him you love him but he has to quit; or else. We can't tell you whether sub or methadone is the answer, only a Dr. can do that. So when he gets bad, and starts talking about dyin and stuff. Take him in for detox.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

withdrawal is different for everyone. i can tell you though that it is dangerous and is dangerous to do alone. i, myself, coded because of it. i threw up so much that i eventually dehydrated, got down to 89 pounds and went in to acute renal failure. someone put me in the shower and it sent my body into shock, i had a seizure and broke three bones in my face. ended up in the ICU for six days trying to get my kidneys to come back online. i almost died because i had no help. opiate addiction is no joke. i doesn't discriminate. it doesn't play. i've found hope today and i pray that your SO finds hope as well. it's possible and it's worth it. good luck to you two and please get help. you can't carry him all alone.