Notices

interfering grandmother

Old 05-12-2008, 10:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

interfering grandmother

i'm a newbie, and sorry i did drink tonight... but my problem is having a teenager and an interfering grandmother. i was 16 when my son was born and in a sense we "grew up" together, he's always been close to me, but he's been lying to his father and i- we are different from most because we actually "stayed together" and stuck it out for the best and to give him the chance. but he and his grandmother have a very close alliance which borders on a co-dependency in that she believes he can do no wrong, and he knows how to make her believe him. i do well as far as keeping things together, i think i drink as a result of being either bored or just wanting to "unwind", and it's turned into, "well thats why, cause your mother drinks". i was close to her at one time. when my husband is off is when i do drink, which is weekend at most (fri. and sat.) i'm confused.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hello again...

When I was drinking I found all my problems were
magnified and seemed impossible to solve.
I just needed a clear mind to figure things out.

My teens lied too and my parents did not
always my decisions either. :

Hope you and your family can find a solution soon.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i love this support, and i feel unworthy to be here... but i remeber one post that made me cry- it was simply ... "i love sobriety".
Old 05-13-2008, 11:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Shandi,

Are you feeling that you are having problems controlling your drinking? Are you seeing ways that it gets in the way of living a happy life?

It sounds like you are having some relationship problems within your family and that people are blaming you and your drinking for it.... is that what you're saying?

- MLE
Old 05-13-2008, 09:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i would examine all possibilities, the old me would of been like "no way!", but i've come to the conclusion the best way to deal with growing pains and being a young mom is to do it with a clear head! so that's what i intend on doing~