Notices

Please help

Old 07-02-2003, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please help

I have a question. I have been on benzodiapims(spelling?) like xanax, kloapin for years and years. I love these pills I cant leave the house without them. I cant leave the house without taking a pill. I eat them and my job is being affected. People said I am addcited to them but my counslor said I am just over reacting cause I am tired of taking pills? I am so confussed I don't nkow if I need them or I make myself need them? Can anyone please help me I am going crazy
Old 07-02-2003, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Something tells me...

...that you're NOT just crazy, JC. Like I was told: If you think you have a problem then you probably do. A word of caution, tho': Do NOT under any circumstances go "cold turkey" off of benzodiazepines without being under a doctor's supervision. I've seen way too many people have grand mal seizures that way. There are other meds that a qualified MD can give to help you detox, tho' you might have to go in-patient for it.

You are not alone. Help is out there, and I am so glad you found your way here. I have found that everyone here at Soberrecovery is here to help and encourage and support. We are all pulling for you, and we are all on your side.

Keep Coming Back!

Kai

Old 07-02-2003, 01:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi! I too love love Xanax, and Klonopin as well. They are terribly addictive and have been much more difficult for me to get over then the alchohol. I am 32 days sober today and it has not been easy. Do take it very carefully and detox under a dr. supervision. I did not realize how bad that it could be if you just quit cold turkey. I did not have siezures but it was not a good idea that I do it on my own. Write me anytime about this one. I am just now learning to work again without the Xanax or klonopin. My brain is just starting to clear up a little. I have periods of time that I just cannot remember from taking so much of that stuff. It is a tough one to kick but so far it is wonderful being clean and sober. i do hope you stay on here with us. I have no question that you have a dependency on them if you have taken them for any length of time. I was where you are now. Lean on us!!! Good luck
Old 07-02-2003, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

How's it going? I responded on your other thread, check it out.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I should probably tell you alittle more. I went into a rehab after I detox in a medical hospital for a few weeks. I didn't last long I got kicked out cause I had a bad additude. I was just in so much pain and discomfort. They wanted me to ween off but I told them I didn't want to take another pill. So after I left I tried to stay clean. It was great I never say so many bright colors it was so beautiful and wonderful. I moved back to my home town and started working and I suddenly needed to take anxiety pills again. I have been on them ever since. I just don't think I can be safe and be off my pills. I don't even know how to live without them. Before it was xanax and klonapin it was street drugs. So I know I have a problem I am just scared of what do I do now.

thanks for listening
Old 07-03-2003, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok here it is again. I am totally losing my mind sitting here. I am trying to cut bck the benzo's but it makes me feel like I am not even here. Like my mind is all fogged up and I can't conatrate and being here at work is driving me crazy. All I think about is just not having anzxiety and not taking pills. It consumes my thinking and it makes me crazy cause right now this very moment I know I "feel" like I need the pills my body needs them. I am just so confussed I don't know what to do or say or anything I just want this mess to go away. I just need to scream and crawl and hide. I am starting to get angry at eveyone that tries to talk to me. my work is getting frustrated with me and I don't know what to do.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Have you thought about going into treatment?

It sounds like you are having such a hard time, and getting off of benzo's is a really hard thing to do by yourself. Treatment, or at least a detox might help. That's just my two cents worth...hang in there...I started praying for God to help me about 6 months before I finally got "bad enough" to go to treatment. If you ask Him (or your Higher Power, whatever or whomever it may be) to help you, eventually you'll get the help you need.

Just know you are NOT alone--we here have either been where you are or know how you feel. You do have friends here...

Keep Coming Back,

Kai