Notices

Back and on Day 9 AGAIN...

Old 05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back and on Day 9 AGAIN...

I had over 2 weeks sober under my belt... That is, until I had a move (out of state) approaching and the stress got the best of me b/c of being on my own with husband away working. Three (3) days of relapse was the result. Half pint vodka the first 2 nights and a whole one the last night. I was so sick and feel just terrible about this... Have to work on other ways to deal with stress and suprises...

But we're almost settled in and I'm still working hard for sobriety. I love my new environment and haven't seen a liquor store around my neighborhood yet. Went grocery shopping yesterday and was pretty calm bypassing the wine aisles. I've been particularly busy with settling in, rewriting resume, and so forth. Just staying busy... Oh, and there's a nature park right in my back yard! Will be hiking and boating soon enough...

Since I'm settled, will contact the nearest AA meetings ASAP!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, your ahead of me! So, good for you! I'm on day 2...
Old 05-05-2008, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

welcome back! it'll be great when you get to aa - you can meet some folks in your new community! hugs, k
Old 05-05-2008, 02:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Daf!

Congrats on your 9 days! We, too, are moving next fall and I am worried about finding sober support in our new environment. The last time we were there, I contacted the local AA #. Where we live now, there are tons of meetings (of all varieties), but apparently there are only 2 meetings/week in our new location and are attended by only 2-3 (5 max) people!! Looks like I'm going to have to drum up some business. I can't let it deter me though. Interestingly enough, while looking for supplemental support this winter while we were there, I came across SR and I have been to this site daily ever since. Everything happens for a reason and perhaps my path in sobriety is to bring it to more people in this new location (I say that very humbly, because I'm no poster child for sustained sobriety). But perhaps this will HELP, rather than hinder me. It's what I'm hoping, anyways.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

remember, today is one day more that yesterday. always move forward and never look back. you'll have another day before you know it, and more knowledge comes with it.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hannitized

It's sounds like you have many positive things planned for yourself.

I wish you the very best.

Liberty~ (8 days)